Twenty One

PETE'S POV

I walked into the cafe shop just on time. I noticed, Brendon and Patrick sitting at the far end of the cafe. It was a  very humble place, about a few people inside.

I walked towards their table and looked right at Patrick. "Hi, my baby boy."

He smiled at me and looked at me as I sat down next to me. I then looked at Brendon who was not pleased to see me.

"Let's cut to the chase" he says.

"I agree... Ask anything you want."

"Your life with your foster parents how was it?"

"That's gonna take a while..."

He shook his head, "I have all the time in the world." he says leaning against his chair.

Patrick placed his head on my shoulder looking directly at me. I kissed his lips gently. "I've never told you the story did I?"

"No, I want to know too."

I smiled, "then I'll tell you" I said gently feeling his cheek.

"Pete, theses are your new foster parents."

I looked at the two, she had long red hair and the man had very dark brown hair, they looked like they were in their thirties. They looked at me with a fake smile, that same smile I saw in my previous foster parents.

"It's nice to meet you, Pete... We are very excited to have you with us."

I ignored them and looked at the house. It was a regular home for a average American family. I looked up at the staircase and saw a little boy and girl looking at me.

"Guys, this is Pete he's going to stay with is for a while... Why don't you take him upstairs to play, while we finish here."

The little girl nodded, "sure, daddy... Follow us!"

I just looked up at the social worker... "Go on Pete!" she says.

I went upstairs with them and they took me all the way to the attic. "Why here?" I asked.

"There is no way we are little a filthy bastard like you into one of our rooms." she says.

"Yeah, you might infect us!" the boy added.

"Fine then I'm going back downstairs." the little girl ran to the door blocking my way. "You're not leaving... My mommy said when she gets the money from you, she'll buy me a brand new doll house! And Sam a new Bike!"

"Move or I'll scream." I said.

The little boy laughed, "scream the social worker left already!"

The little girl moved out of the way and I got down from there. I quickly ran back downstairs towards the front door. Before I could open it I was being pulled by my arm to a different direction.

"Where are you going?!" The old man yelled.

"Anywhere, but here."

He shook his head, "I don't think so Pete, me and you are going to have some fun."

I tried to get out of his grip... But he was too strong.

"Aw come on Pete, don't be like that after we took you in!" he dragged me upstairs as his wife laughed.

"For two years I was bullied, and abused by those around me. I knew the moment I was first hit it was going to be hell."

"What happened the day your foster parent's got killed?" he asked.

"I was upstairs in the attic ready for bed when I heard screaming. I was scared and I stayed on my bed, I waited for a while and went down stairs when there wasn't a sound. I looked at the house and it was a mess, and the two parents dead on the floor... The first thing that was on my mind was freedom. I just went out of the door and ran somewhere safe." I lied.

"So it was a robbery?"

I shrugged, "I'm not sure, maybe since everything was out of place."

"It crossed my mind that you may have killed them." he says.

"I was very young... Never had I thought of hurting someone like that."

"You know their children died a few years after that..."

"It wouldn't surprise me... They were bad kids, maybe got into a lot of trouble."

He shook his head, "they both were brutally murdered. Had decent lives."

I had to resist the urge to smile. I remember them begging on their knees not to kill them. Patrick was only five at the time and didn't even know what I was doing. I enjoyed every second of that day.