Two

Ten Years Ago

PETE'S POV

I did it. I finally did it, I laughed.

All I can describe right now was freedom. Two years with the same old family was quite enough. That foster family only cared about cashing government checks, they didn't give damn about me.

In the end it was okay, their faith was to die by my hand anyway. And since their actual children aren't home tonight. When they come back tomorrow from their grandma's house, they're going to have a nice surprise.

It was around nine at night. Everything was empty, and no one was really out. I have no idea, were I was going to sleep tonight. Luckily for me it I cashed in a thousand bucks, before I left. That family though owned me a lot more, but it was all I could find in the house.

I sat in an alley way thinking of a hotel were they don't care about your, age after all I'm just about thirteen. I sat there for a few minutes, until there was a fainted sound. It sounded to be close by, but I couldn't see it.

I ignored it, and it stopped at least for a minute until it got louder. This time it was more like a baby crying. I looked around and there was no baby or even mother. Just a couple of old boxes, crates, and a huge dumpster.

Could it be...

I went towards the dumpster and inside was indeed a baby. He must of been a year old. He was in nothing but a diaper and small blue blanket.

It looked like he was dumped here not to long ago. Seriously don't understand moms, why go though that pain and then abandon your baby in the end... It's just not worth it.

I will admit though, he was cute. Not one of those ugly babies with an adult face. He was very pale with a little bit of hair growing from his hair.

"Hey, little dude mind keeping it down?" once I talked to him he stopped, by my surprise.

"Guess you wanted someone to pay attention to you, uh? Well I have bad news for you, I'm not that person. Hopefully they'll come by soon."

He started to cry once again kicking his legs up, his face now red and his crying was more like screaming. I put my finger beside his mouth and he was opening his mouth like I was giving him a bottle or something.

"Well of course you'll be hunger." without thinking I picked him up and held him in my arms. He stopped crying once again. "Something tells me you're a little attention whore."

I looked at him and slowly he opened his eyes and was looking right at me. He was smiling, with that toothless grin.

"Yup, definitely an attention whore... Listen kid, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with you. Seriously don't even know what to do with myself. Life's a bitch you know, and it looks like you and I have it rough. But you'll get by okay, at least I hope so."

I just looked at him for a couple of minutes before wrapping him up nicely with his blanket. "I'll put you were someone can find you. But first let's get you some food after all I'm hungry too."

Thankfully I was able to get a bottle, some formal, diapers and some warm water from a covenant store. The lady working there thought he was my little brother and I did look a lot older then my age.

I went to a near park and sat down on a bench. "Well kid, all that stuff wasn't free. I spend almost forty bucks on you tonight. Hopefully if I ever find you again, I expect you to pay me back."

He looked at me with those beautiful bluish green eyes again and that toothless smile... Shit is it possible to fall in love this fast?

I smiled at him before kissing his little pink nose. "Patrick... You're name will be Patrick. If you want to be with me of course, and if you don't like it cry right now so I can leave you here..." I waited and smiled once there was no response.

"Good boy" I said. "Let's go find us a place to sleep, after all I'm mainly keeping you so you could pay me back."

I got off the bench and started walking with my little baby Patrick, in my arms.

(Not a chapter I was going to post, but I like how this came out:)