Seven

Several Days later

PETE'S POV

There are two kinds of people in this world the only who steals and the one who gets stolen from.

Right now, I've realized two things... One I have no more money, and two I'm inside a convenient store.

"Sir, we are about to close, are you going to buy something or not!" the bold guy from behind the counter asked.

I smirked, "who's we? You're the only one I see."

"Sir just hurry up..."

I nodded, "okay, I will."

I went over and grabbed everything I saw, and everything was for my baby boy to eat tonight.

"Ring it up!" I say.

I just smiled at him while he placed everything in plastic bags.

He sighed, "that's fifty six dollars and twelve cents."
"Wow! That's a lot of money... For a few things" I said.

"I think it's reasonable, with all the stuff you required."

I nodded, "yeah, well a man's gotta eat."

I pulled out my wallet... Seriously nothing in there, and today I was no in a mood.

I just looked at him and smiled once more.

"Is there a problem?" he asked.

I shook my head, "not for me. It's just I don't have the money, you ask for."

"How is that not a problem for you...Then give me what you have and we could take a few things away."

I shook my head, "that will just create a problem... Another solution would be if you just gave me the food."

"Not happening..." he was about to grab the bags off the counter before I slammed my hands on top of his.

"You might want to reconsider..."

"Let go sir! Or I'm calling the cops!"

"Wouldn't be necessary." I pulled him by the shirt towards me. His cigarette breath now on me.

I pulled out my blade with my other hand, from my pocket and jammed it into his stomach.

He grasped, as I felt his blood on my hand. "There was no need for this. All you had to do was hand over everything I got."

I pushed the blade forward until he went limp. I cleaned the blade with my shirt and grabbed my bags before heading out of the store.

My impulses get the better of me, but that asshole had it coming.

I was walking back home until I saw two cop cars parked right outside the warehouse. I hid behind a wall and peak on what was happening.

The only thing that came to my mind was, Patrick. Did they get him? Or did he hide?

"LET GO!"

I saw him, my baby boy struggling with a cop as they tried to get him in the car.

Once he was in the car quickly drive off and the other one stayed behind.

How did they find him? I made sure we were in a secure place?