Nineteenth

PATRICK'S POV

Why do I feel like I'm ten years old again? Oh That's right... Brendon is interrogating me instead of talking to me like a son.

"Who is the man you left with after leaving home?!"

"Brendon..."

"Answer, Patrick."

"I didn't leave with anyone."

"You're lying" he says.

"I'm not... Honest. I wanted to get away from everyone! It's just, it didn't work."

He looked at me confused, "so the man, went after you?"

"No... Brendon, why is this man so important?! I left with no one!"

"Okay I'll believe you... But you have to tell me of the person raising you six years ago."

I sighed, is there no way around this. Brendon knows very well when I lie. This is going to take a while.

"I wasn't raised by very good people... They hated me enough to leave me in a dumpster."

"Your parents?" he asked.

I shrugged, "maybe. They were bad people anyway, instead of leaving me in a home they left me in a cold alley way in a dumpster. I would have been dead if it wasn't for my daddy."

"Daddy? As in the man who raised you."

I nodded, "he took me in, while he himself had nothing to offer me. He raised me in his image... I became half of what he is today."

"What's his name, Patrick?"

I smiled, "I think you already know the answer to that."

He nodded, "Pete Wentz, huh?"

"Yeah, Pete Wentz."

"You know the last time we heard of Wentz was when he was twelve years old. He was took in by a foster family and the parents two years later found dead. Pete Wentz was the only one with them at the time, while the their children were with their grandparents. He was no were in sight when the bodies were found."

I sighed, "I know the whole story Brendon."

"Then answer me this, what happened to the money that was stolen in the home. There was a mess of someone trying to find it everywhere."

I shrugged, "no idea... But did the police ever try to find Pete?... No, because he didn't matter to anyone! Just like I didn't matter to my parents! In a way, I guess that's why Pete and I are together. We were both unwanted from the start."

"Did Pete kill them? Is he the killer we have been searching for all these years?"

I started to cry, I wanted to cry louder and louder so the entire station to hear me... But I didn't want to exaggerate. "M-My daddy is not a criminal."

"If he wasn't he would have been here."

"You wanted to talk to me, not him!"

"Very defensive are we? You know it's against the law for a man his age to be with a kid."

"Pete has never touched me... Six years later and he still hasn't."

He smiled, "bet he wants to now, that you're of age."

I chuckled, "it's always been the other way around... It's always been me that wants to touch him."

"Can't believe after six years this father and son relationship ends like this."

I nodded, "you wanted this... Can I go now?"

He shook his head, "I suspect of Pete and if he cares about you then he'll come and find you... If not, it will be the same thing that happened six years ago."

I shook my head, "it's him you're after not me... You have no charges against me!"

"I do! Even when I don't want to believe it, you are hiding secrets too."

I'm bring thrown into a cell again. This could be like a test... Are you willing to give up everything for me Pete?

"As my rights, I want my one phone call."

He nodded, "of course."

{Can't get the song ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS by The Cab ft. Patrick Stump out of my head! Been listening to it for two hour straight Help!... But besides that thank you so much for the love so far in the book.}