Chapter Five - Unusual Reunion

Tom's POV

It's been a week since I got my wand and Ethel and I have been practicing some spells, for me to get ready for my job, the one that Ethel will give me.

F L A S H B A C K

"Mr. Riddle, I have news for you. " Ethel said as I opened the door.

"Is it good or bad? " I asked.

"Depends on how you see it. You see Mr. Riddle, I already found you a job but the thing is... "

"What about it? "

"It's in Ireland. You will be one of the salespeople of Mina Co., they're one of the many companies that hire both muggles and wizards. "

"What am I going to do in that company? "

"Like you used to do, buying and selling muggle and witch artifacts. But don't worry I'm not going to send you there right away, you're not ready yet. "

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

I send a spell to Ethel which she swiftly dodges. She's not a witch but she's as good as one to battle with. She sometimes would reflect my spells at me, so I wouldn't dare to blast her with some serious hexes or I will be the one who will suffer.

"Okay, that's it for now. Let's call it a day, I have to go. " Ethel said.

"Are you going to Bella's house? " I asked.

"No, I have other errands to run. Why? "

"I plan to drop by her house, but if you're going there to train her, I won't disturb you guys. "

" Now that you mention it, why don't you go there now and train her? I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all. I will just go change and I'll be on my way there. "

"Then I'll leave you now. Enjoy your life Mr. Riddle. " she said and proceed to the door.

By the time she leaves, I ran my way to my room and immediately change. Once I'm done, I was about to leave when I noticed a small roll of parchment on the lamp desk. I unroll it and read, it's the address of Bella's house. Come to think of it, I haven't been to her house.

I walked my way to her house.

After a few minutes, Bella's house came into view. It looks ordinary and deserted. Once I'm at its gates, I read the address aloud and nothing happens. This confused me, it is supposed to work how come it didn't?

I decided to climb on its low gates, if it alarmed her then maybe she would let me in. Once I touch the gates, the enchantments were raised. Now, this is more confusing, I enter the gates and went to the door, and knocked. A few moments later the door opens.

"Tom, how -" she said when she opened the door.

"Ethel gave me your address. She asked me if I will be the one who will train you. "

"Oh, come in. You see I didn't expect you to be this early. Ariane usually comes after lunch. "

"I just got used to being up early since mine starts at seven in the morning. " I came in and Bella made me sit on one of the couches.

"I hope you don't mind waiting for a bit. I'll just go ahead and change. "

"Not at all, go ahead take your time. " she left me and I engaged myself with some magazines she bought. My mind starts to wander off about her.

I once envied her, when I first saw her in my third year in Diagon Alley with her mother coming out from Gringotts wizard bank. Then her father came and as a family, they went to Ollivanders.