Chapter Four: Madison

Beginne am Anfang

"This is a private beach, you should not be here."

I walked up to my shoes and put them back on. "I am sorry, I didn't know that."

"Are you just passing through?"

"Actually no, I am staying at the Madison Bed and Breakfast for a few days until I find a place to live."

"This town does not take kindly to strangers." That sounds like a line from a horror movie.

"Well my name is Dallas Harris; there now I am not a stranger."

I walked past him and I heard him sniff then growl. The next thing I know I was pushed up against a tree. What the hell; is this how they welcome guests to their town?

"You're a shifter?"

I was scared shitless, but I know that living on my own now, I had to be stronger and stand up for myself. I tilted my head up and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Yes I am, and from the smell you are sending off, you are a shifter as well."

"You're a rouge, and you have just entered the Salem Pack's territory."

Shit, "Well I now remember what I was supposed to do; I was supposed to make sure I didn't enter another pack's territory. I now realize I have made that mistake and if you let me go, I will leave and you will never see me again."

I was struggling trying to get free, but whoever he was, he was pretty strong. I didn't want to have to use my so called white wolf strength, and give away what I am.

"It's not that easy Princess, you see when a rouge enters our territory they are to be killed right on the spot."

I gulped, I didn't want to die, if I died all those packs will start a huge war and wipe out our race, but why did it matter to me, if I was to die I would be with the people that I love on the other side? Then again all my friends here on earth still would die as well, and probably die horrible deaths. Mind changed, I needed to stay alive.

"But I am a small girl, how can I be that much of a threat?"

"But the smell of you is weird, as if you are trying to hide your real scent. So I am going to take you to my Alpha's house and put you in holding cell and you will wait until he returns home from business."

"Please just let me go, I will cause no problems I promise."

He loosened his grip and grabbed my wrist and led me to a truck. I tried to fight to get free, but the next thing I knew he had stuck me with some kind of needle and then everything went black.

I woke up with a killer headache; I looked around and noticed I was in some type of cell. I guess this guy was right; I was in a holding cell. I have really got myself into a really bad situation. I know I was too far for the mind link to reach Zane and I realized that someone had taken my phone.

I just lied down, I heard someone coming down the stairs and I pretended to still be sleeping.

"Mason, how much did you give her? She should be awake by now."

"I only gave her the normal amount. There is something different about her Mary; she is wearing masking spray to hide her real scent."

"Well maybe she doesn't want people to know who she really is."

"Why would she want that? She is a shifter, it's not like we have royalty or anyone shifter that needs to hide who they really are?"

Ha wouldn't they like to know the truth.

"Well Mason, let's let her sleep and we will come down later."

I heard them leave and I sat up. How was I going to get myself out of this situation? I guess I will just have to go along with it and pray they don't kill me.