Chapter 22

Shai sat on the plane beside Shayla and tried her best to rest and forget her sister's condition. She didn't know how serious it was but she was praying her sister was just fine. She turned her head to the left where Josh was standing over her.

She slid over and he sat beside her kissing the side of her face. She was still skeptical of him trying to figure out if he really liked her or if he was just setting her up for something. She smiled warmly at him and snuggled up to him. She briefly closed her eyes while inhaling his scent. She loved the way he smelled.

"Yo people ain't gone try to kill me right?" Shayla asked chuckling. Shai shook her head joining in on the laughter.

"Nah I think Josh should be more worried than you should" Shai joked around feeling Josh chest vibrate again her face as he laughed. The rest of the plane ride was filled with laughter, small talk and sleeping.

Four hours later they arrived and quickly made their way to St. John's hospital. They got a rental car since they didn't want to wait. Shai was slightly irritated since when she tried to pay for it Josh handed his debit card to the dealer and walked off. She was never the one to have other people pay for her things but she just hushed her mouth. Everybody loaded up into the car and Shai sped down the very familiar streets to the hospital. When they got there no one was in the lobby so Shai asked a nurse who was sitting at the desk where she should find her sister. She nicely gave Shai the room number although she stared at Josh a little too long for Shai's liking, Shai let her slide though.

When they got to the room she saw her mother sitting beside Angie, her sister, and Karena and Augeana standing off to the side. They all looked their way after hearing the door open. "Hey Annie you alright girl?" She looked over at Shai and smiled nodding.

"She got hit by a car but it wasn't bad. Just more like a tap. The ground hurt her more than the car" Mama Nica said and Shai nodded in response. She scrunched her face in confusion but let her mother continue. "We could have let this go if they didn't draw a gun and try to kill my baby" Everyone listened intently and nodded.

"So this was a warning message. They didn't want to kill her. Angie did they say anything?" Shai asked and Angie just shrugged looking back and forth between Shai and her mother. Shai inhaled sharply and exhaled through her mouth. This was mind boggling. Shai knows that they've been beefing with Mack for some time now but they weren't playing with them anymore. Truth was Angie was somewhere she wasn't supposed to be and that put her in a lot of danger to begin with.

"Was anyone with you?" Shai narrowed her eyes at her watching her shake her head no. She had to take another deep breath so that she wouldn't blow up at her. She was really starting to piss Shai off. She knows better not to go anywhere alone. All of them do. "They watched your dumb ass to make sure that you were alone. It wasn't coincidental and now this little battled has turned to war. Who shot you?" Shai asked her waiting for an answer.

"I don't know Shai can you stop being mad?" She asked as if her baby like voice was going to help her. Shai didn't give a damn about her feelings at the moment. She needed blood. Someone's blood had to be spilled and the first Mack wannabe was gone get they shit split wide open. She spun on her heel to walk out the door but her mother called her name stopping her.

"Crystal, are you going to introduce your friends?" I stopped in my tracks and looked at both of them smiling sheepishly. She was so heated that she forgot their asses was there. Her mother stood and hugged them both smiling. She was eyeing Josh and if she wasn't Crystal's mother she probably would have smacked her eyeballs out of their sockets.

"This is Shayla a real cool girl I met on the trip. She not with all the drama so don't let too much of the family get close to her. This is Joshhh" Shai dragged his name out not knowing if she should introduce him as a friend or something more. She turned towards him and their eyes connected. They both felt an unexplainable connection. He flashed that million dollar smile showing his pearly whites and turned towards her mother.