Chapter 8

Take a Bow
Monica POV

They were all staring at me when I spinned around. I was more than irritated right now. That bitch really had the nerve to step to me. My leg began to bounce uncontrollably and Givenchy laid his hand on my back trying to calm me down.

I stood up and signed my name up at the teacher who was the sponsor for Shai table and walked out. I really just wanted to be alone right now.

"Monica where you going?"

"Come back are you okay?"

I just ignored them all and kept moving. I was staring at the floor while walking and bumped into someone. I quickly apologized before lifting my head.

I came face to face with Mr. Black. I gasped and apologized again. "I am so sorry Sir, are you okay. I should have been paying more attention."

"It's just fine. But shouldn't you be inside? Are you alright?" He asked with a worried expression. His wife extended her hand out towards me and grabbed my shoulder and rubbed it lightly.

"You look a little disturbed." Mrs. Black stated.

"I'm fine. Everyone goes through things. I'm sorry for bumping into you, this is a fine thing you put together but I should get to going" I spinned around on my heel ready to walk away yet was stopped again.

"Look take my phone number at least, I will answer at any time your on this trip. I want you all to feel safe matter fact Deonte walk her to her room" Mrs. Black gave me her number as Deonte spun and looked at me.

"Sure thing ma, let's go miss?" He didn't seen to mind.

"Monica, Monica is my name" I replied and Deonte offered his arm and I grabbed it lightly. We began to walk off down to the elevator.

"So miss Monica how do you know Shayla, I seen you sitting with her and a bunch of other people." He asked as we stepped on the elevator.

"Well I actually just met her and she real cool. I just met a lot of them actually. I like them. But uh yeah we seen you eyeballing her. You gotta thing for homegirl?" I asked as we rode the elevator up to my floor.

"Yes, no, maybe well I don't know. She fine as hell. I want to get to know her more. I know she used to like me but word round here she with the fuck nigga Desmond so I'm backing off for now" He continued to explain as we walked down the hall to the room I was currently sharing with Shai and Taylor.

"Well its safe to say she's not into his ass anymore" I said more to myself but he heard me anyways.

"What happened?" He pressed me over the issue.

"I can't tell you. Maybe that's how you can spark a conversation with her. Thanks for walking me to my room your really a gentleman." I slide the card to the room through the slot to open the door and push it open.

"No problem have a nice night and thanks for giving me the info I'll catch up with her tonight or tomorrow. Goodnight" He said as I stepped through the door. I started to walk through the suite and found an empty room. I was exhausted. I started too think of all the shit I been through.

"Why do I go through so much? Every time I start to believe I'm happy some bullshit happens. Why can't I be happy? God do you have something against me? Should I give back more? I just want to make it out of the hood. But so is everyone else. Can you hear me Lord? Why did my father have to leave? Leave my mother to struggle to pay the bills and keep a roof over our head. God why me?" I rolled over on my stomach as the tears started to stream down my face and I buried my face into the pillow. I was starting to grow a headache. I tried to stop the heaving of my chest.