Chapter 14

Lyn's POV

Cheyanne and I we are too close sometimes. Sometimes when I don't want her to know things she already does.

She's my other half; my better half. We've been through hell together. Little to nothing can separate us. Thoughts raced through my mind. I didn't know what to do.

I couldn't step back into reality. I won't step back into it. My best friend is lying there on the ground bleeding out. My fingers trembled as I clicked the button on the side of my phone opening it. I slid my phone up and called 911.

"911 operator what is your emergency" a woman in a calm voice spoke over the phone. I opened my mouth to speak but no words were coming out. I began to just scream. Nothing but screams erupted from my mouth.

They weren't regular screams neither. They were screams of sobs. The lady kept trying to get me to say something, anything coherent. She asked me to stay on the phone so she could get the location. I nodded as if she could see me.

I tried to look around the room but it was spinning. I was light headed. My breathing was erratic. I clutched my chest with my right arm and slid down in the corner of the room hugging my knees.

I blocked everything and everyone out. Maybe this what she was speaking of. Maybe this was the dreams she was having.

"Cheyanne? You must be from the suburbs or something? Cause I don't anyone around here with that name." I asked her after she had introduced herself.

"No I'm not. I was born and raised right here. Sorry my mother doesn't want me to be judged by my name on job applications." She answered with a smug look on her face. I shrugged and continued to the next class.

It was middle school and I had been running the halls. Its eighth grade year and I practically made the rules. Only cause my parents were rich and I basically could do anything I wanted.

I decided to talk to the new girl but she got kind of a stank attitude. I ignored and sat in my seat then looked up just to see the Cheyanne character to walk in. I smirked as she walked in and didn't have a choice to but to sit beside me. She looked at me then looked up at the teacher.

"Well Ms. Cheyanne Simmons would you like to come up and tell us a little about your self." I looked over and she looked extremely nervous.

"Yeah tell us about how you got them big ass feet" Dylan, the schools bully, remarked.

"And the way you got that flat ass back" Jared, Dylan's bestfriend threw his two senses in.

Cheyanne looked like she didn't want to even stand. She looked down at the ground and started her walk to the front. The class was giggling and the teacher was glaring at both Dylan and Jared. Cheyanne stood at the front and lifted her head slowly. "I'm Cheyanne and I'm from North Carolina and I like sports" She proceeded to walk towards the back of her class and take her seat. I think she's watched The Wood one too many times. The class was even louder and erupted in more laughs and giggles.

"Shut the fuck up what's funny? Half of yall fat hungry hippo motherfuckers can't even run so what the fuck is so funny? Bimbo asses" I was surprised when I realized that was my own voice speaking up for Cheyanne. I looked around the room and everyone's eyes were glued to me. Cheyanne looked surprised that I stood up for her.

"What the fuck you gone do if we don't stop laughing bitch?" Jared asked rising from his seat as if to intimidate me. I snapped my head in his direction and I raised an eyebrow. Dylan slumped in his seat as if to motion that he wasn't in it anymore.

"Oh really? Call me a bitch again when my brother and father get here to pick me up. Bet you won't say another fucking thing" I snapped back laughing at the fear in his eyes.

"Okay class that's enough everybody calm down and let's turn to pages 45 in your textbook" The teacher asked of us and everyone ignored her. They were too engulfed in the discussion between me and Jared.

"Nobody scared of them I got a dad and brother too" Jared said with a tremble in his voice. I watched as he started to twiddle his fingers under the table and looked back at his best friend for backup.

"We'll see" I smirked and turned to the page in my book the teacher asked of us. While I was turning the page Cheyanne leaned over.

"Thanks a lot you didn't have to do that" She said humbly.

"No problem. You look nice. Maybe we could hang out sometime" I smiled at her and she looked back towards the teacher.

I reflected back on how we first met. Then I looked over warily and realized this is where it could all end.