Chapter 15

Shayla POV

We all sat and waited for a doctor to come out and speak with us while we sat at Sentara Norfolk General's emergency room.

We had been crying all night and you could see where the crack of dawn was starting to rise.

I looked around the waiting room at the mahogany walls I had looked around only God knows how many times. I felt like crying all over again. We've known each other for a short little amount of time but we grew close to each other. We helped one another.

I couldn't just sit there and stay calm. "When the fuck a doctor gone get in here and speak up" I turned towards the receptionist lady snapping. I didn't really mean it. She's been nice the whole time we were here.

"Shayla" Monica warned me in a motherly tone. I shot the receptions a pitiful look as if to apologize. "But when are we going to know what's going on. We are very worried.

Everyone turned to look back at her but Lyn who had been stuck the that same spot staring at the ground all night. Deonte was on the side of me and laid his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

Shai was trying to ignore Cameron's presence. But I guess she was finding it hard since she stood up and dragged a chair towards Lyn and sat down.

"I can go get a doctor for you. I'll be right back" the lady got up and walked towards the back.

"Well I'm going to go get us something to eat. Maybe by the time we come back we'll know her condition. Dey and Sixty-four yall rolling?" Givenchy asked as he stood and kissed the top of Monica's head. Deonte and Cameron both stood up simultaneously notifying the rest of us that they would be going with Givenchy. "I'll call when we get to McDonald's Monica make sure you answer the phone" He said as they headed towards the exit.

Shai, Monica, Lyn and I were left here together. I looked around at each of them, I wanted to speak and have a conversation but I had no idea what to say. I looked back over at Lyn who was spaced out. She had worried covered all over her face. It was heart breaking actually. I wish we there was something I could do to take her pain away. She's known Cheyanne the longest so I can't really imagine the pain she's going through.

"Where the hell is my baby. Oh my God where is my baby. Please God. Where is she" I turned my head around and some woman had stormed in the room and was causing commotion. The receptionist ran from the back and up to the woman to try and help her. I was trying to figure out what they were saying. The woman's back was to us so I really couldn't even try to guess what she was saying. She was hysterically crying and the receptionist led her to part of the waiting room we were sitting. I turned back around in my chair and looked back at the girls.

"Lyn Ann is that you baby?" The same woman who was causing all the noise was questioning Lyn. We all snapped our heads towards Lyn and waited for her response. This would be the first time since last night that she moved a muscle. She lifted her head and ran from her seat. She hugged the lady and the lady held Lyn. "Are these your friends?" She asked looking at us.

"Yes, this is Shai, Monica and Shayla. We have all become acquainted while on this trip." She said through muffled cries. Her face was buried in the lady's chest.

"Well hi to all of you. I'm Chanel Simmons, Cheyanne's mother" We all looked at her in amazement. We should have probably figured but we weren't thinking straight.

"We are truly sorry for all of this. We don't know how this happened." Shai spoke up with a sincere base in her voice.

"Its in the Lord's hands baby. I just ask that he protect my baby and pull her out of this. She's strong. Lord knows I can't take losing another child. Lord I love my baby." Tears streamed down her face. There aren't enough words to describe the hurt and pain written all over her face. "can y'all please pray with me I just need some help and guidance to get through this" she looked up at us and I couldn't stop my heart from breaking.

"Of course we will" I spoke up after clearing my throat. Cheyanne's mother, Chanel reached for Shai's hand while grabbing Lyn's and we all automatically locked hands forming a circle as we closed our eyes.

"God we all come to you and ask for strength and guidance. We need you here today to touch our hearts and minds we ask that you grab bless us in only the way you know how. We ask that you remove all the negative thoughts and spirits that surround us. We are your children. Children of God. We have faith and know that you see the great in us. I follow your word. I know you will bring us out off the depths of hell. We know everything you do is for a reason. My God your are a great God. He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. Hallelujah Lord. Amen."

"Amen" we all finished with her. She spoke with conviction. She had power in her words. I could feel a presence. The presence of God. It was a different feeling, yet a good feeling.

"Family of Cheyanne Simmons?" The nurse followed after a doctor who spoke to us. We all turned around to look. His facial expression showed nothing but sadness.

"I'm her mother" Chanel stood and let Lyn's head rest on her leg.

"We are doing all that we can. Right now she's under intensive care. She's not responding on her own. The bullet was lodged in her abdomen area in her right kidney; she lost too much blood she hasn't woken up yet either. She is unconscious we don't know when she'll wake up but I believe it should be soon. Give it a day or two. We will talk about the recovery process later. But I recommend not leaving the state any time soon. The license we found is registered in Chicago, Illinois. But I am very glad that I had the pleasure of saving your daughters life." He smiled a little too hard at Chanel but I don't think she was paying attention.

I was so excited at his words. She was going to be okay. God answered our prayers a little faster than expected.

"If you'd like to see her you can follow me" the nurse said as she stepped out of the waiting room. We all jumped upwards and followed her out hurriedly.