Chapter 39: Beatiful Smores

Owen's P.O.V

Definition of beauty- a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

However, this sight has changed that definition, at least for me. I watch Riley as her eyes twinkle with delight as she looks at the many lights that are decorated among the trees and buildings, her smile doesn't fade one bit as her eyes travel around and I can tell she's unable to take her eyes away from the lights, just like how I'm unable to take my eyes off of her. This scene unfolding in front of my eyes is the definition of beauty.

She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

" What? "

" Nothing. "

I respond, turning my attention towards the lights while she gives me an odd look.

" I should have bought a tiara to wear and made you wear a tux, so you could be my butler! "

She says referring to the carriage  laughing, I roll my eyes.

" This is exactly why I didn't tell you. "

" You know you love my ideas! "

She teases and looks back to the lights, then starts waving much like a pageant girl at the people walking by. Some wave back, some look at her like she's insane.

" OH MY FUCKING CHOCOLATE THEY HAVE SMORES! "

She screams, causing me and several people passing by to cover their ears, cringing.

" I will take you to get some only if you never do that again. "

I tell her, my ears still ringing from her high pitched scream.

" Okay, okay! Now let's go get chocolate! "

We get out of the carriage saying a quick thank you to the driver and giving him a tip, I already paid the rest online. Riley takes my hand and forcefully drags me to the line where you make your own s'more. As we wait in line she keeps jumping up and down in place as I stare at her amused but the moment I look away she suddenly jumps onto my back.

" What is it with you and climbing on me? "

I huff sounding annoyed but honestly don't mind and she knows it.

" I'm creating a human blanket! It's fucking cold out here, why is this weather so bipolar! "

She yells frustrated and smushes her face against my back trying to warm it. I laugh, rolling my eyes at her cuteness.

" I might have a little thing for you. "

Her words echo in my head on repeat as I try to ignore them, along with the feelings that come with it. She was trashed when she said that, she probably mistook me for someone else. Besides we only have three days left, even if what she said was true three days isn't enough to change things.

~

As Riley devours her fifth s'more I watch her amazed, how can she handle so much sugar? I ate only one and already feel ready to puke it up.

" You know. "

She says.

" There are a lot of great inventions in this world but I think chocolate deserves the award for the best. "

I laugh at her raising an eyebrow.

" Yes because who needs light bulbs or electricity or hospitals when you have chocolate. "

" Exactly! "

She squeals.

" I was being sarcastic. "

I reply amused.

" But I wasn't. "

She says, stuffing another s'more in her mouth.