Chapter 37: Festival Of Lights

Riley's P.O.V

After a few minutes of floating up in the sky and of me trying to make sure Owen doesn't puke on my head, we landed on the ground but even then we had to sit there for a while so that Owen could calm down and keep his food in his stomach. It took about a hour, I know he's a wimp.

Now were back at the beach house and he's laying on the bed while I'm jumping up and down trying to get him to do something.

" Can't we have a lazy day? "

He whines, pulling a pillow over his head as I continue jumping on the bed.

" We don't have time for that! We have three days left and we are NOT spending it in the house being potatoes! "

I yell at him and he groans annoyed.

" But I'm tiredddddd. "

I glare at him and get off the bed.

" Oh no you're quiet that is never a good thing. "

" ATTACK "

I scream and jump on top of him and pour ice cold water on his face.

" WHAT THE HELL YOU KNOW I HATE WATER IN MY EYES! "

He screams rubbing his eyes as I fall off the bed laughing.

" Awwww is Owey mad cause he got his hair wet? "

I tease laughing and he glares at me sitting up.

" Okay I'm up now what? "

He grumbles.

" I heard there's a Festival of Lights near by and I want to go! I searched it online and it's so pretty! "

I say sounding like a little kid.

" What do you even do at that festival? "

" Well they have shops and entertainment. "

" No matter what I say I'm going aren't I? "

" exactly! You caught on awwww my little Owey is growing up! "

I say in a baby voice pinching his cheeks as he glares at me.

" Just get ready so we can leave as soon as possible so we can get back sooner and I can sleep. "

He yawns rubbing his eyes, looking adorable.

Wait what?

" What makes you think I'm not ready? You saying I look ugly? "

I challenge and he raises an eyebrow at me.

" You never go out with your makeup smudged and your hair not straight as a board. "

I'm surprised when he says this, I mean yes I know he's my best friend but he's a guy and every guy I've ever met doesn't pay attention to little things like that. My heart skips a beat thinking that he pays so much attention to me.

STOP THINKING LIKE THAT! HE'S YOUR BEST FRIEND! YOU ONLY HAVE THREE DAYS LEFT DON'T RUIN IT WITH YOUR WEIRDNESS! 

My head screams at me a million reasons why I shouldn't think like this.

Yet my heart seems to have a different opinion on things.