Chapter 12: Wolf Prom

Owen's P.O.V

So there you have it I left after he tried to kill Riley. My mom actually divorced him shortly after, apparently his anger issues had gotten worse then ever and when he hit her for the first time she decided to leave. I visit my mom a lot but I haven't seen my dad since my 15th birthday which was almost three years ago.

Until now.

" I don't know if I'm going to that dumb ball I mean it seems pretty lame to me. "

I lie and my dad scowls me.

" You have to go! You could find your mate and fall in love and have pups and I can be their godmother! "

Riley says excitedly. I never told her what having a mate really means, once you have your mate your world revolves around them and you love them so much that you will do anything they say as long as it makes them happy. You never want to be apart and you get jealous easily.

" You should listen to the human having a mate is important they help you through a lot of things no one could go through alone. "

I've tried explaining to my dad I don't need a mate because I'm not alone I have Riley and she helps me through everything.

" I know you don't like him and I see why but can you go for me? "

Riley ask batting her eyelashes at me. I sigh.

" Fine but Riley has to come too. "

" Are you fucking insane? No human has ever attended the moon light ball! "

My dad hisses.

" She already knows about our kind and she's been keeping this a secret for years I don't think it's going to hurt anything. "

" Fine let the little monster go but don't blame me when she gets attacked. "

He says and walks off.

" Yay I'm going to a wolf prom! "

She cheers happily.

" It's not really a prom. "

" Is there fancy clothes? "

" yeah "

" Punch? "

" Yeah "

" Dancing? "

" Yeah. "

" It's a prom then! "