Chapter 35: Cliff Jumping

Riley's P.O.V

I couldn't sleep which I guess was normal considering I basically told Owen I liked him as more them a friend. At least he thinks I was drunk so he won't wonder about to much hopefully. I was just so stupid! The words just feel out of my mouth!

Now here I am drinking my coffee and sitting here on the bed starring at Owen as he snores.

He couldn't even say anything when I told him, he must think I'm one of those obsessed weird stalker girls at school who follow his every move. Then again I am the one starring at him as he sleeps so maybe that's an accurate assumption.

I watch as the sun comes up and sigh.

Three more days.

I don't even know why I told him I like him, even without him having a mate we wouldn't work. Best friends just can't date, it ruins everything. If we dated and broke up I would lose my best friend along with the guy I lov- liked a lot.

It's just impossible in every way, mate or no mate.

I blink the tears of frustration away and mentally scold myself. I need to look on the bright side, Owen will be ecstatic when he finds his mate and I should be too because he will be happy. I may not be able to see him much or at all anymore once he finds her but at least I will know he's happy.

Owen starts to stir so I quickly grab my phone and click on the FaceBook app to pretend I was scrolling through the feed the whole time and not starring at him while thinking about my life choices like a crazy obsessed person.

He yawns and stretches as I try not to look at his muscles.

" You're already awake? "

He ask me yawning again.

" Yeah I wanted to get up to watch the sunset. "

I say lying and he nods.

" You were trashed last night, you couldn't even get your shirt off normally and you kept screaming about root beer floats. "

He says laughing and I grimace.

" Was I really that bad? "

" You were dancing on the table! "

" Let's just hope I don't end up on YouTube if I do I'm jumping off a cliff. "

The only thing I remember from last night was me asking if he thought I was beautiful and telling him I liked him but no way in hell am I going to tell him I remember that and was somber when I said it!

" And you call me a drama queen! "

" Let's face it were best friends because were equally dramatic. "

" Where's my coffee? "

He ask seeing my cup.

" I'm not your maid. "

Suddenly he takes my coffee and gulps it all down before I can react.

" You jerk! "

I yell laughing and tackle him punching his arms repeatedly as he laughs at me trying to be intimidating. Let's just hope he doesn't ask about last night or I really will jump off a cliff.