Chapter 22: Trent

The knife loosens in his hand and I stomp as hard as I can on his foot making him hiss. I almost get away but then he grabs me roughly by my arm slinging me back into the brick building.

" You bitch! "

He yells and then his fist collides with my face.

" Well that's no way to treat a lady. "

I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn to see the lifeguard from yesterday looking at the guy with the knife and shaking his head.

" I advise you to turn away. "

He says looking at me.

In seconds he is in front of the guy and the next thing I know he snaps the guys neck and I watch as his life less body falls to the ground. I put my hand on my mouth with my eyes wide at what I just saw.

" Can't say I didn't warn you. "

The life guard says walking over to me and I back up into the brick wall and hiss as my bruised back hits the brick wall.

" No need to be afraid I hurt him because I had a reason. "

" You didn't just hurt him you killed him. "

I say.

" I don't think he was a good contribute to this world anyway and I don't think he will be missed. "

Turning away from the body I try to redirect the conversation.

" You're the life guard from yesterday have you been watching me? "

I ask suspiciously.

" Most people call me Trent not life guard from yesterday. "

" Okay Trent have you been watching me? "

" Not exactly it's not like I can do much stalking with your wolf friend with you. "

" Why have you been watching me? "

" You're a human and he's a wolf but he seems very fond of you I've never seen anything like it I'm just curious. "

" Curiosity killed the cat. "

" I don't think I have to worried about being killed when you're the one in a dark alley with a vampire. "

He has a point.

" I need to go. "

" I thought so. "

" Um thanks for the whole saving thing by the way. "

" Don't mention it but I would advise that next time you be more careful. "

I walk off completely in shock and confusion. A vampire saved me.