Chapter 24: Trent POV

Riley's P.O.V

I didn't sleep last night but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't, every time I closed my eyes I was back at the alley. I know I sound dumb I mean that guy barely did anything and I shouldn't be so shaken. It's done, it's over, so I need to forget about it.

" Morning. "

Owen says walking into the kitchen and I can automatically tell he feels better.

" Morning how are you feeling? "

I ask taking a sip of my coffee yawning.

" I'm all better so now it's time for you to tell me what the hell is going on. "

" You mean what happened yesterday? "

" Yeah that. "

" I'd rather not. "

" And why is that? "

" Look I'd rather just forget about it and move on. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owen's P.O.V

I look at Riley's bruised up face and know she's scared by her expression but Riley is never scared, she doesn't get scared and that's why I'm so worried. She's not herself and she doesn't look like she's slept at all.

I don't know what to do.

I want to push further so she will tell me what happened but I don't want to make her more upset then she already is. Then again I want to know who hurt her so before the moonlight ball I can kill the person.

I watch her closely as she lays down on her stomach on the bed. She sleeps on her back not her stomach?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trent's P.O.V

I watch amused as the wolf watches her it doesn't take much of a brain to see the way he looks at the human girl. He's so focused on her he doesn't even notice my scent luckily. I don't plan on interfering but anyone who is knowledgeable about the supernatural world would be curious about them and about how they turn out after he finds his mate.

I plan to stick around to see how this turns out.