The Story of Kat and Quinn

Dedicated to TVDOUATTW1515

QUINN'S POV.
*2081*

Sometimes it gets lonely sitting outside on the porch in my special chair watching the stars shine brightly in front of me. For an 81 year old woman, getting around my house can be quite difficult sometimes especially when there's no one to help you up and down the stairs or put on your favorite night gown anymore.

My beloved wife, Kat sadly past away about 5 years ago due to a heart attack. Avery was not far behind her, passing away 3 years ago from brain cancer that the doctors were too late to find. Maddie, Lauren, Camila, Dinah, and Mani are also up above in the heavenly sky, shining brightly as the stars they always were. Lauren and Camila both dying of old age in each other's arms in a tragic ending to a beautiful love story that we all got to watch right before our eyes. Dinah had a stroke at the age of 84 and died a few month later. Mani and Maddie have been gone the longest, both dying after a car accident about 20 years ago that claimed both their lives and 4 others in the process.

Now the only members of the original ten membered family we had created so long ago is my mom, Riley and I.

My mom (Ally) is still going strong at the age of 91. She still is as crazy and youthful as she was 60 years ago. She comes over every once in a while to make sure I'm still 'praying to Jesus' or really just to check up on me to see if I'm doing alright.

Riley misses Avery. It's easy to tell by the longing looks she makes at pictures of the two and by the way she looks at her kids and grandkids who are exact replicas of the hyperactive blonde woman.

I sometimes get so wrapped up in the memories of them all that I forget that their gone. Avery's mischievous smile peeking around the corner. Lauren's feisty but loving presence. Camila's care for everything and everyone. Dinah's sarcastic comments usually shot at Avery. Normani's dancing and singing around the house for the fun of it. Maddie's brains always getting us out of trouble at the last second. Kat's love and care for me and our family reflected in her grey eyes. But mostly, I miss waking up to the smell of banana pancakes on Saturday morning, a tradition started our first week of being at the Fifth Harmony household. It wasn't broken until the traumatic night when Maddie and Normani died after being in that horrific accident.

I sigh as I clutch Kat's favorite coffee mug to my chest, the smell of warm hot chocolate (Kat's favorite drink) steaming up into my nostrils. I look at the stars and smile as I hear the soft patter of toddler feet coming out from inside the house.

"Katrina Riley Hernandez... I thought you were supposed to be in bed with Madison?" I say softly turning around to find my youngest grandchild, Katrina or Kitty standing outside my sliding glass door holding her blanket and sucking her thumb.

"I sorry Gram-Gram." The blonde toddler says shyly kicking her feet and looking down.

I smiling and pat my lap offering her to come and sit. She takes my offer and climbs slowly onto my lap looking into the stars with me.

"Look at all those twinkle-twinkles Gram-Gram" The 3 year old says pointing to the star I kindly refer to as 'Camila's star'.

I hum in response and wrap my arms around the small child.

"Let me tell you a story Kitty, it's about me and your Grammy" I say after a few more seconds of starring at stars above our heads

"I was named after her!" The toddler exclaims excitedly looking at me with her gray eyes that remind me of my loves so much.

"That's right. It all started a long long time ago in a orphanage..."

*2005*

A small, tired looking, blonde trudged up the stairs, dragging her blanket behind her like a ships anchor. She finally reach her room and reached up flinging the door open and was surprised to find a small dirty blonde girl standing in the middle of the room, luggage surrounding her. The child was a bit taller then Quinn and her gray eyes shone with both intelligence and grief.