Imagine - Dean x Reader

I Fucking Love You

He's done it again. He's fucking done it again. You were tired of waking up to find a note saying, "Sorry babe, but there's a hunt close by. I'll be home in a few days, a week at the most." Dean's been doing this a lot lately and you've just gotten sick of it. On these days, Sam will wake up and come into the kitchen to find you sulking while eating a bowl of cereal or waffles, squeeze your shoulder in comfort, and go along with his day.

What might be worst about this is that you feel like he doesn't trust you anymore. You've known the boys since you were little and grew up hunting with them. Sam was practically your little brother, since you always babysat with Dean when their Dad would leave them alone for... however long the hunt or whatever he left for took. You just... he couldn't not trust you. And him doing all these hunts alone, coming back in the middle of the night with a gash or a bullet wound made you worry a lot more than you should for the Winchester.

He would leave in the middle of the night, come back bloodied up in the middle of the night and try to fix himself up, which you smack him for, then fix him up yourself. Just what he's doing, it's not himself.

Honestly, yeah, you're worried like hell for him. You've never seen him act like this toward you. Even when he's home, he won't talk too you much, just usually stays close to his brother or keep to himself. He's stopped kissing you even. Your boyfriend, if you can even call him that anymore, has gone so far as to even move back into the room he first used when you guys got to the bunker. I mean, he hasn't said he was moving back, but then again, he doesn't even talk to you anymore.

It's been 6 days since you woke up to basically the same note he leaves on your desk every time he leaves. You've kind of become nocturnal over the past week, waiting for him to come back so you two could talk. You rolled you eyes when you found out that Sam's been wearing ear plugs from the gun range this past week in anticipation for your "conversation" with Dean.

You jump up from your seat in the war room to see Dean walk down the stairs not having noticed you. You from looking at him, you can't see any major hurts, just a scrape on his face, so you clear your throat, bringing his attention to you.

"Y/N, you're awake..." He says like he expected you to not even know he was home. You always do.

"Sit down. We're gonna talk," You command. He looks at you a moment before he sighs and drops his bag, sitting in the chair you pulled out for him. After he sits, he crosses his arms and look at you expectantly. You sit back down and take a breath before looking up at him. "Where have you been"

"I told you where I've been," He answers as through it was all so obvious. "There was a hunt nearby, so I took it up."

"Well why wouldn't you just let me or Sam come with you, or even just help you from here?" You asked.

"Because."

Because why, Dean?!" You yelled, anger suddenly filling you. "Why? Why have you been leaving your brother and me alone for almost weeks straight? Why have you been ignoring me? Why have you not been letting me hug you? Why did you move back into your old room?"

Dean doesn't respond. He looks around like he's thinking of a answer before finally looking back down at his lap. He stands up and starts walking away, just barely brushing his arm past your shoulder. You spin around and grab his arm tightly, yanking him toward you. He turns around, glaring at you.

"Answer me, Dean! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Don't even ask me that!" He yells, taking a threatening step toward you, putting his pointer finger in your face.

"Why Dean?" You yell back, taking the same step toward him, but pushing him instead making him stumble backward at the unexpectedness. "Why? What did you do? What did I do that made you hate me? That made our relationship not worth it anymore?

"Why do you even care?" He shouted.

"Because I fucking love you, Dean!" You scream, not even realizing you said the L word. "You know I do! It's obvious and if you still couldn't tell after everything I went through for you, you're a goddamn idiot!"

Dean looked at you with pause. "You- you love me?" He asked quietly.

"What?" You asked, caught off guard.

"You-you said you love me. You love me?"

"Of course I love you, you moron!" You respond.

Dean looks at you with a look of guilt before looking back down at the floor. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what, Dean?"

"Everything. Everything I put you through. I'm sorry, Y/N." He says, his voice breaking. You immediately step forward and engulf him in a hug and he responds by hugging you back right away, almost suffocating you from how tight he was hugging you. You and him just stood in a long overdue hug for many minutes in complete silence until he broke the quiet with four words.

"I love you, Y/N."