Verse 16

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Aiden's POV*

I know if I had a heart beat, it would be blaring into my ears. I wasn't even sure I heard him correctly, let alone if he even said it.

"Wh-what?"

"I love you, Aiden."

Even though I'm a vampire, and didn't need to, I couldn't breathe. His words sent my mind spinning in every direction possible.

"I-I don't understa-"

"I feel like I always have. Even as a kid, whenever I stood near you, whenever I saw you, hell, every time I thought of you, something would happen inside me. Something I could never explain. It was like some level of comfort took over me, a sense of safety."

I didn't know what to say. This was not what I expected when I asked him my question.

"When your aunt took you away eleven years ago, I thought my life had ended, that I would never see you again."

I could feel myself getting lost in his words. Taken away from my reality and put into a world where only Tucker and I, existed. His voice never before sounded so beautiful, and the smile that formed on his lips with each word he spoke only added to the shine in his eyes, almost distracting from the blood all over his face. 

"I tried to make myself hate you, which honestly wasn't that hard, but no matter what I did, each time our eyes would meet, even if for only a second, all these feelings would come back."

I didn't know what to say. Any and all voice I would have had was stolen the second he laughed.

"Its actually pretty sad, if you think about it. I'm in love with someone I killed. Someone I know will probably never return the same feelings I have for hi-"

His words were cut short as my lips made their way to his. Gasping at first, he began to relax and pushed himself closer to me.

Moving his hands up to my face, I felt them shaking as they slid across my cheeks. I could tell he was scared, holding back what he felt. Pushing my lips further into his, I tried to let him know how I felt, silently telling him to let go.

Pulling me over to the bed on top of him, I felt his fingers sliding through my hair as I buried my head into his chest. Everything seemed to disappear. It was only me and him in this entire world. I didn't know if I was in love with him, nor was I going to say it without being one hundred percent sure, but I somehow knew I cared deeply for him.

Despite how I was feeling towards him now, my anger was still hard in my chest. Sliding off of him and moving to the edge of the bed, I let the silence in the room overtake me for a moment.

"I don't know if I can forgive you for this, Tucker. I do care about you, but this...this is too much for me right now."

He lied there quietly for a while, looking at the wall to his left, taking in the words I said. It felt like an eternity before he finally responded.

"I understand that, Aiden. I don't expect you too, either. Just know that my feelings aren't changing. I do love you, and I will do anything in my power to make this right."

We stayed in the silence for a while, taking in each other's words. I felt my body flinch when he said the three words again, something I'm certain he picked up on.

"I know neither of us want this, but we need to go talk to everyone."

I knew he was right, the sooner I figured things out, the better. Lifting himself up and moving to where I was sitting, he pulled me to my feet and held me in his embrace for a moment, then motioned for me to follow him.