Verse 20

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Aiden's POV*

The tension was almost unbearable. As we stood there in silence outside the mansion doors, all of us waited with baited breath, dreading to reach up and knock on the door. Taking in the massive structure around me, the amount of windows made me question how the counsel could even live here without the sun baking through them.

My questions were soon answered, however, as the door in front of us opened and a tall and sickly pale man ushered us inside and to a set of stairs leading into darkness. None of us said a single word as we descended downward, moving further and further underground. We had been walking for for at least twenty minutes before another large set of doors came into my view.

The closer we got to them, the more my eye started to hurt. By the time we had reached the bottom of the stairs and stood before the massive wood frame before us, my eye felt like it was on fire. Waves of agony coursed through my body once again, similar to the pain of drinking Tucker's blood the night he changed me.

My head was starting to get dizzy as my legs threatened to give out. Leaning against the wall for support, I gasped out loud in pain. My vision was starting to blur again, like it had when my aunt started telling me the truth about my family, how my mother could see future events before they happened.

I could almost see the figure before me, the same one who had held me in his arms during my dream last night, the one who managed to stop the pain and pull me away from the person who looked like Tucker. Only his eyes were completely visible, constantly looking from me, to the doors, then back to me all at once. They didn't match, however. It looked as though his right eye had been replaced with a different one completely.

It was a warning. I could tell by the worry in his now forming face, silently pleading for me to not go in, but what choice did I have?

Reaching out a still forming arm, he touched my forehead with a single finger and a wave of panic overtook me. I could see myself running from the building, holding my left arm and stumbling away, trying to stop the blood that was flowing heavily from it. I was looking through someone else's eyes.

Paul was further behind, his face covered in blood and I couldn't tell if it was anger that his emotions displayed, or outright devastation. The visions were starting to fade as the figure was pulling his finger from my head, turning my head frantically to the side, hope to catch a glimpse of the others, my surroundings quickly changed to the door we were in front of as Tucker placed his hand on my shoulder.

The figure was no longer before me, no doubt he had disappeared the moment Tucker touched me. I wanted to tell him everything I had seen, to give some kind of warning, but I didn't get the chance as my body was pulled into the room with everyone else.

Twelve people sat at a massive curved desk, completely towering over us, though two at both ends were empty, each of them a couple of feet apart from one another. Not one of them said a word as we walked inside, simply looking down towards us as we stopped in the center of the room.

The air around is felt so thick it could be sliced with a knife. No one moved, no one even batted an eyelash, we all just stayed where we were, each of us waiting for another to make a sound.

"Where's Victor?" Tucker asked, finally breaking the silence.

There was a slight nervousness to his voice, something he was clearly trying to hide as he cleared his throat and asked the question once again.

"Victor will not be joining us toda-" someone started but was cut short as another voice took the air.

"I am here, my child."