Verse 15

Vote, comment, love me. :)

*Aiden's POV*

I could feel his body cuddled up close to mine, and despite what my mind said, I couldn't push him away. I could tell he wasn't asleep, but he had no idea I was awake.

I kept my body as still as I could. Not moving, and not breathing, something I know I would never be able to do as a mortal. The idea of being a vampire didn't sit well within the boundries of my mind. It wasn't until just recently that I found out they were even real, and I never expected to become one.

In the three weeks that Tucker had been healing, I still hadn't gained any control over my new abilites, or even the common things I would do as a mortal. I couldn't pick something up without sending it flying, I couldn't grab something without it shattering in my hands, hell I refused to touch my aunt for fear of hurting her.

I hated what I have become, what he changed me into, I hated him. Even as I said the phrase over and over in my head I didn't quite believe it. I wanted to hate him, and I know a part of me did, but if don't know how strong those feelings were at the moment. After we talked, I might have an idea as to how I feel, but for now, I let my mind wander.

I needed answers, of that I had no doubt, but it was the only thing I was sure of any more. I know getting them wouldn't change what I had become. It wouldn't change anything that had happened, but I still needed that sense of understanding.

His skin still felt like ice me. Even now in his arms, it felt as though a blanket of snow was holding me, rather than him. Strangely, I wasn't cold, though. It didn't make sense to me at all, but I couldn't deny that being in the position was oddly warming.

Even with my back to his chest, I could still picture his face perfectly. His beautiful ice blue eyes glittering before me, his perfect bone structure, everything.

I wanted to get my head clear, to put everything off to the side so I could confront him, but nothing I did seemed to push the anger swelling up inside of me out. Finally giving in, I turned my body to face his and let him know I'm not asleep.

I had planned on coming at him strong, demanding answers, but as his soft smile and light eyes came into my line of sight, all aggression that had once taken over my mind seemed to fade like an echo on its last breath.

"Aiden..."

His voice was every bit as soft as the look in his eyes. I could see he his sorrow, his regret, and just about every other emotion he made no attempt to hide. My voice seemed blocked by my eyes. No matter how hard I tried to force the words out, nothing left my mouth.

"I'm so sorry. I know it doesn't change what I've done, nothing will, but I need to say it."

Sympathy flooded every word he spoke to me. I couldn't understand this bittersweet feeling that hit me, and I knew there was nothing I could do about it.

"I didn't listen to them, when I knew they were right. If I had, this would never have happened."

"Listened to who?"

I didn't like the way my voice sounded. It was dry and held a heavy rasp to every word I spoke. Like sand paper sliding across a rock.

"Paul and Clair. They told me to eat, to find someone and drink, but I couldn't leave you."

"I need to know, Tucker. All that you can tell me."

"There isn't much I can tell you, Aiden. I'm sure you're tired of hearing it but you have to remember."

"Remember what?"

"Your past."

I felt like screaming. If I knew anything about my past I would tell them, but I don't. No matter how hard I try, nothing takes shape. Pulling his arms from around me and getting off the bed, I tried to control the anger that was taking over me once again.