71

Back to reality.

Though it was under saddened circumstances, willow enjoyed having that day away from New Orleans, from this supernatural drama. She almost forgot that she was under a curse.

She could feel herself on edge, a small trigger and she'd lose herself again. "I don't want Tristan near me, not if you want him alive" she said after a while of silence. Elijah sat beside her and looked down at the girl in the familiar plaid shirt he told her to keep.

"All Tristan is doing is killing a few of the witches that they come across; his men have captured a few that have tried getting through the compound gates and they are continuing to protect us" Elijah explained "we won't fare well if you kill them, so make that a promise"

"We still need a plan, for when we do best the witches. Tristan will ascend upon us, he probably already has a plan of his own" Willow seemed more paranoid than usual.

Elijah grasped her hand and raised it to his mouth as he gently kissed it. Was this really the first time they were out together, publicly with no ex fiancées or any current issues in front of them. The first time in five years. It felt good.

"What you can do, is try and relax. We don't want you stressing yourself out" Elijah knew he couldn't stop her from worrying. He looked to his eldest sister for some support, but even Freya knew that it was no use.

"Actually, I do need to ask something, Freya" Willow stood up and walked over to the blonde witch, she gave a small smile when she was approached. "I was reading some grimoire, I don't know which one, they all look the same" Willow began.

"I read about a hunters curse, similar to one that was put on me; but it had a few differences. One being, within a few days the hunter completely takes over the victims body, there would be no sign of the old victim" She explained "Maybe this was the curse they used on me; it took me a while to figure it out, but maybe they didn't adapt it for my special blood type. Maybe I can control it"

Freya furrowed she eyebrows. She had never heard of someone being able to control a curse someone had put on them, but she had heard many cases of hunters taking over people's bodies. Maybe willow was on to something.

"Do you still have the grimoire?" Freya asked, she didn't want to agree or disagree until she had looked for herself.

"Um, yeah I think it's still in my room" Willow pointed, racking her brain to see where she had left it. She definitely knew she didn't put it back, but so much had happened in this short space of time.

Willow ran upstairs and begun to dig through piles of clothing on her floor, through her wardrobes and drawers, through her desk until finally she found the ancient book sat on top of her wardrobe.

She put it on the desk and flicked through it, using the piece of paper she stuck in there as a makeshift bookmark, to find the page she needed. The pages were full of diagrams, words that she didn't understand, things she could never possibly understand. Why was being a witch so difficult?

"Here" Willow turned around to Freya and pointed at the page she found the information on "excuse me but google translate is a little off, but it says something along the lines of..."

"...on the fourth day of the curse, the victim will no longer be , the hunter/huntress will fester and take full control of the body" Freya knew Latin, so she could easily translate it for her.

"I swear it's been more than four days" Willow added "but I can feel I am slowly getting worse"

Freya thought, she looked through the words and the incantations and matched them up to the spell. It was exactly the same. Willow was right, but she wasn't sure how she would be able to control it. "The control may be an issue, the curse is still eating away at you, but I know we have a lot more time than we thought we had"

"I think I can do it Freya, there have been times where I just get so uptight I feel like lashing out, but then I stop myself" Willow urged "given, I haven't done it often, I know we've had to dig a lot of graves, but if I practise, I know I can do it"

"I just need you all to believe in me" Willow continued, breathing out "I need hope because if I don't have it, I might as well just give in and kill you all"

I was Wrong - Sleepstar