04

"Intimate" Christopher repeated the words Elijah used to describe the get together that the Strix had invited him to. He used it with irony as the originals protege passed through the doors and into one of the largest formal events he had ever seen.

"What can I say?" Elijah peered out through the mask he had tied around his head, it hovered his nose and around his eyes, a black and rather old-fashioned one at that. "The Strix  never do anything on a small scale"

"You could have told me that before I walked in to a room of vampires I've antagonised over the past centuries" Christopher walked on, trying not to act phased by the intimidating vampires, pointing out every one he had recognised "slept with her, I killed his mother, slept with his wife, murdered her brother. It is a good job I am masked"

"Maybe the company you seek isn't the greatest of choices though" Elijah spoke sense, as he locked eyes with every single vampire along his route. They all recognised him, their sire.

The mask belonging to Christopher covered three quarters of his face, it was pure white, with a hole for his eyes, nose and mouth. He felt confident enough that he would go unnoticed.

"Elijah" Tristan approached them as soon as he caught sight of the pair in the midst of his people "it's nice to see you didn't completely disregard my invitation, yet I see you ignored the orders to leave the trash at the door"

Tristan leant slightly to the side and looked at Christopher, who gave an intimidating smirk and wiggles his fingers to wave sarcastically at him. The man had always vexed Tristan. "Christopher, you've caused quite a stir inside of my elite, it would be such a shame if someone were to rip that mask from your face and reveal who you are to a room of people that hate your guts"

"Easy there tiger" Christopher had only come into contact with Tristan a numerous amount of times in his long life, and he particularly never wanted to see the man again in his life. It was the way he spoke, so calm and collected, even in drastic circumstances, this Tristan was a complete and utter psychopath. "I only came along to have a good time and..." he grabbed a nearby waitress who had puncture marks up her bare arm "sample your finery"

"Well, please refrain from any... usual behaviour, or I will have to take action against you" Tristan told them, turning around and taking two flutes of champagne off the tray a waitress was carrying around "a drink..." he handed them the glasses "...to old friends"

"And new enemies" Elijah raised the glass, his lips pressed against the crystal as he made to take a sip. Though something stopped him, he could say it was a gut feeling, but it was really Christopher's eyes burning into the side of his head. Elijah looked to him and watched as he subtly shook his head no.

Elijah lowered the glass, faking a smile. Tristan watched his every move intently, noticing Christopher's caution.

Elijah turned back as he saw Freya motion over to her, her silver mask shone under the chandeliers.

"Would you excuse us, Tristan, I believe I have many other people to pretend to be nice to this evening" Elijah excused both of them and walked backwards, ensuring Tristan had been consumed within the crowd before he even said one word to his sister.

"Have you found anything?" He said quietly, staring straight ahead to avoid any suspicion.

"There's a door, up the stairs, down the corridor, it's the third door on the left, I can feel a strong presence in there" Freya revealed "but it's locked, it seems my magic has been blocked around that boundary, and you'd either need a key or just pure force"

"I'd say I would help you, after all it is my battle to fight" Christopher added, nodding in front of them "but it looks like I've been ratted out, thus bringing our night to an abrupt end. Any ideas?"

In front, Tristan was pointing and staring at Christopher, speaking to the victims of his rampages. And they didn't look please whatsoever.

"Christopher, Freya, you get out of here" Elijah turned to face them "tell Niklaus we're going ahead with plan B, I'll need him to create a loud enough distraction to stop the Strix from hearing me break that door down."

"Come on Freya" Christopher tugged at her arm "we need to go pretty snappily before they reach me. My eyes are just too pretty to gouge out"

The pair left swiftly and Elijah waited impatiently for the arrival of his brother. Though it wouldn't be for a few moments, he kept glancing at his watch.

And there he was, walking through the door with messy hair, strands falling in front of his face. Niklaus knew that it would take more than one vampire to distract the entirety of the party, and who else better to share that enjoyment with? Their sister, Rebekah. She was certainly outspoken and sharp tongued.

"Tristan De Martel" he shouted, that cute grin with dimples fading in as soon as he saw the Man's confused expression "I'd like a word with you"

For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert