47

"I'm no expert" Bradley had strangely settled in within the four days he had stayed there; it was so weird, he was so used to it after only finding out about this whole supernatural thing not so long ago "but this is the fourth day this guy is missing, I don't think he's ran off"

"His name is Elijah" Willow snapped, she walked past the few vampires that they had hired to watch the compound when they were away "and it is serious. And I should be out there looking for him but I'm not allowed"

"That's what I'm really confused about, Ash" Bradley mentioned "you said that you can kill people with your blood, why aren't you allowed out?"

"Huh" what he said got willow thinking. Why shouldn't she be allowed to search for Elijah? She's one of the deadliest beings on the earth and she knows how to use it. She can protect herself and she can fight. "You're right"

Willow looked behind her, seeing the vampires at the door of the compound. There were also vampires at the back entrance.

She stood up "don't tell anyone" she said "I'm going through the window"

"I'm coming too" Bradley stood up and made to follow her.

"You can't" she stopped him, looking behind her and trying not to make a scene "This could be dangerous"

"And?" He shrugged "I've spent these past four days inside with you, if these people are your family, they'll soon be mine. I need to get used to this" Bradley took her hand in his "come on, Ash"

"It's Willow" she corrected him, not knowing if she should cringe or take his hand tighter. Nothing made sense anymore. So she didn't really do anything. "I need you here just in case they come back and ask where I've gone"

"And risk leaving me alone with Klaus?" He asked "Ash, if you hadn't have come to my rescue the other day, the psychopath would have killed me"

"He isn't a psychopath, he's just not very good with strangers" she tried to tell him "and with his werewolf genes, he gets a little agitated... actually, maybe it's best if you come with me, if we get into trouble you can run and get someone" Willow trailed off and then realised it might be a better idea to have him stick with her. "We'll climb from the balcony in my room"

She lead Bradley upstairs, trying to be as quiet as they possibly could. Willow opened the door, it was like she left it, the curtains were closed and the bed was unmade.

"That's weird" Bradley murmured to himself as soon as he walked in.

"What?" Willow was expecting to turn around and find him with some sort of evidence that her and Elijah were an item. A photograph or something.

"You would never leave your room without making the bed" he observed, pointing to the mess of covers and pillows.

"Yeah, well that's Ashley, I'm Willow and I really can't be bothered, I have much more pressing matters" she told him, very unimpressed and beginning to get annoyed with these constant comparisons. Ashley wasn't real, but she felt mean telling him that to his face, so she continued to keep correcting him.

"Well, maybe in the future you won't go in a mood with me for not using a coaster with my cup" he nudged her, smiling as if the joke was funny.

Willow forced a smile, was it just her or would anyone else get bored of the talk of a future with this guy. Not Bradley in particular, but a normal future, with a small house, just normal things, it bored her.

"No, you can do anything you want" she told him, wanting to get off this subject. She didn't even know if she had a future, let alone if it would be spent with this guy.

She loved him all the same though, she couldn't not love him. Willow didn't know if the love was formed out of guilt of what she's going to put him through, or gratefulness that she didn't have to spend the five years alone, or just plain happiness that she had him to stand by her during her darker days. Bradley was there for her when she needed someone, and she loved him for that.

But she didn't know if it was strong enough.

"Ashley" Bradley snapped her out of her thoughts and brought her back into reality where she was facing out of the window.

It's Willow.

She had practically given up now. Go ahead, he could call her almost anything now, she wouldn't care.

Willow ducked through the window, securing the tips of her shoe to the criss cross pattern attached to the wall to help ivy grow in certain formation. She used them like ladders, intertwining her fingers with the wooden shapes and climbing down.

She was shortly followed by Bradley, who took a little longer, but she didn't mind.

"Congrats, you did it" she laughed as he got down to the floor, she could tell he was terrified, Bradley's face was red and he looked flustered. "Step one to overcoming your fear of heights"

"You remembered" he stood back and smirked at her.

"Of course" Willow replied "I didn't lose any memories, I just gained a hell of a lot"

"No, not because of that. I've only mentioned it once, about three years ago. You remembered" Bradley sounded so sentimental, so happy that such a minor detail of his life was remembered by her. It was because she cared.

"Don't get all soppy" Willow laughed "I'm sure you remember stuff about me too"

"Well, yeah I do, but I don't know if they're really true or not" he shrugged.

"We'll have to work on that" Willow smiled "but first, we need to find Elijah"

Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys