54

Willow stopped outside the gates of the Lafayette cemetery. Her boots just skimming the border as she peered in, her eyes flickered, scanning all of the graves.

She pulled her cardigan over her chest, feeling shivers run down her spine. "It must be pretty sad for someone's headquarters to be in a cemetery"

"These witches practice ancestral magic, it is here where they are strongest" Elijah looked up at the iron lettering and then back down.

A young girl emerged from behind one of the graves with a wicked grin on her face "Elijah Mikaelson, we've been expecting you" she said knowingly.

"And me?" Willow stepped into sight, her arms folded and she had a very don't mess with me look on her face.

"Your presence is a surprise" she said playing with her golden locks of curly hair, this girl must've only been sixteen at the youngest. "But not entirely unwelcome, please, won't you join us"

"Well, it looks like my invitation didn't get lost in the mail after all" Willow remarked quietly as she realised this witch was walking off without them "come on" she said to Elijah, taking the first step in and striding up behind her.

Elijah took a moment out, shaking his head and asking himself when did this girl get so brave?

The blonde witch walked them into the centre of the cemetery, a large open space between graves is where the others were. They all shot their heads up to look at their guests.

"God, what's wrong with all of you? You're looking at us like we've killed your family" Willow couldn't help but see the light in this all, a bit of humour never went too badly.

"Or take over their city" Elijah whispered behind her "and, of course murder some of their family"

"Oh" Willow kicked herself "well honestly they should've gotten over it by now"

"Ah, the happy couple" A woman's voice sounded when Willow turned around to talk to Elijah. It wasn't a usual American voice, this woman sounded different, was it- French?

Willow furrowed her eyebrows, turning around to see a rather pretty witch with darkened skin and curly black hair that was tied up in a bun. No, scratch that, this witch was god damn gorgeous.

"Celeste" Elijah's heart stopped when he saw her and he felt a rise of anger in his stomach "is this all your doing?"

Willow wanted to interrupt and ask what the hell was going on and why the hell did Elijah know her. But she thought it best to keep quiet and speak when she was spoken to.

"You seem surprised?" She asked

"Forgive me if I am, but the last time I saw you I ended your life for your plot to destroy my family" Elijah growled.

"And the time before that, your brother was the cause of my death. Yet I still did not manage to seek my revenge, and all of your family, still breathing" the venom dropped from her voice which only lead Willow to believe this woman went way back. "Though, right now I cannot harm either of you, but I can ask, Elijah; are you still having those dreams?"

"You did that to me" Elijah subdued himself from jumping forward and tearing the woman to shreds.

"What dreams?" Willow's curiosity got the better of her as she pushed Elijah back and asked him, offended that she wasn't told. When Elijah didn't answer, she knew she had to take the reigns. "I'm here for answers, I want to know what you've done to me"

"Surely you could have already worked it out. Now you have Freya" she shrugged, "but if you want it simplified, I can tell you everything I've done and what I intend to happen. Since, there isn't any way of stopping this now"

"You've been cursed, the injection that was inserted into you was an elixir of my own creation, mixed with a few different spells, mainly the hunter spell. Elijah's blood binded it and activated it, so you are unable to kill Elijah, and the only way to rid yourself of the hunter is if Elijah perished. But, let's be honest, that will not happen" she shook her head "my plan for you to eventually murder Elijah's siblings, wiping out their sire line. Once that is done, one more surge of power should be given to you, enough to kill the last original. Once that is complete, you are free to live"

"So you would let me go, just like that? No fear of me getting any sort of revenge?" Willow quizzed, finding holes in her plan, trying to pick it apart and find some way of pulling it down whilst they stood there.

"Out of hopes you'll leave town with your fiancé, who by the way is lovely" she smirked, silently telling Willow that she was the one who tipped him off, telling her whereabouts to him "if you step near us, you'd be ash before you could blink"

"so let's get this straight" Willow repeated what she was told so she could understand "I'm your puppet, and you want me to kill Klaus and Rebekah and then Elijah. For some stupid revenge of something that happened..."

She turned to Elijah to fill in the blanks "three hundred" he told her

"Three hundred years ago?" She finished "this isn't even any of my business"

"No, this isn't really. You are classed as collateral damage. I would have still been searching for a way to take down the originals if I hadn't noticed you held a special gift" Celeste replied "Every love Elijah has in his life, he ruins it. But now I have my chance to ruin it for him"

"Jokes on you" Willow laughed "he already ruined it, so you are a little late"

Elijah looked at Willow strangely, was she really serious about that, or was she just saying it for Celeste's sake? He couldn't tell.

"I have grown tired of this conversation now" Celeste faked a yawn and waved her hand at her witches "please, show them out. I'll be seeing you both very soon"

Sacrilege - Yeah yeah yeahs