13

Willow took Elijah's first bit of advice when fighting. Get angry. She had been punching and kicking a punching bag, just as a warm up. As getting into a cage with the first ever vampire created didn't seem too appetising.

But willow couldn't really let her anger flow properly, she had bursts where she was stronger but then she calmed back down.

"Are you ready?" Elijah's voice interrupted her as she tried to get into that zone where she felt like she could fight.

No.

"Sure" she turned around just to catch Elijah buttoning his shirt sleeves up above his elbow. "Gotta start somewhere" she shrugged, leaving the punching bag to swing gently to a halt. Willow shook her hands out, thanking her past self for thinking it best to take some fingerless gloves to save her knuckles from hurting.

She stepped into the ring, her vision held firmly at her feet to look around at the blood stand, and was that a tooth? Or a fang?

The harsh rattling of Elijah's fingers intertwining with the wire and closing the door shut brought her back into reality. The dreaded reality that she was in an enclosed space with someone ten times older than her and ten times as stronger than her, someone that would not lose anything if she was killed. Her paranoia started to creep again as she didn't know where to put herself.

"We shall start slow" Elijah circled her. The only light that came in came past the stained glass windows and created a spectrum of colours along her skin. Willow felt him stop behind her and then his hands snake around her, one hand grasping her wrist, and the other one around her waist, in a tight hold. It wasn't the tightest he could do, but it was still quite hard to get out off. "What should you do, if Tristan or one of his men, grab you like this?"

Willow wriggled her shoulders, trying to push them back to hurt him, to make him let go of his grasp. It was a pathetic attempt really, she knew that.

"Your legs" Elijah felt her struggle and after a few moments he decided to give her a few hints "what do you do with your legs?"

Willow stumbled on her feet for a second, scrambling for thoughts. She lifted her right leg and kicked back into Elijah's knee, sending him stumbling backwards.

What did she do now? In the split second Willow took for herself to think if she wanted to stay and fight or run, Elijah had jumped back up and now held his hand over her mouth. "You can't think" he whispered "game over, they've taken you"

He let go and allowed Willow to breathe, she vowed over and rested her hands on her knees, taking deep breaths.

"Again" Elijah demanded, trying to be as tough as he could with her. But the human had turned red, sweat glistened on her skin and her body moved as she breathed. She wouldn't be strong, she wouldn't be a challenge, but she needed to learn resilience.

"I don't really regret not asking Christopher to help me" she wheezed as she turned around and allowed Elijah to take her again "he wouldn't be this hard on me"

"You think this is hard?" Elijah smirked playfully "oh you haven't seen nothing yet"

His grip tightened and Willow knew her next few steps, and then winging it would be her plan. She kicked back and sent Elijah stumbling back again, Willow thought Elijah put it on, obviously he would have seen her next steps.

The door had been locked so she couldn't get out, was this his plan? Willow completely avoided the escape and turned around just in time to see the original jump back up.