07

Tick tock tick tock.

The loud clock hung on the wall of Willow's new room drilled through her brain. It was too loud for such a quiet evening, counting down the rest of the day. And of course, she didn't know what to do with herself.

She had escaped Tristan's grasp but yet she still  locked herself away in her room, in such a routine that she didn't know how to get out of it. It almost had Willow waiting on the bed with her arm out ready for her blood to be taken once more. But instead it was just a deathly silence, interrupted by the clock.

She stormed up from her bed and reached the wooden clock from the wall, hitting it against her knee and smashing it in half.

"That's four hundred years old" Elijah opened the door and saw the antique clock now smashed. He said it in a way he wanted to run forward and mend it quickly however he didn't want to offend her. She looked fragile.

Willow looked at the clock in shock. "I don't know why I did that" she bit her lip and cringed, now thinking maybe it's best to keep her tied down. "I'm sorry, was it important?"

Well, if you could count the first clock he had ever bought when in New Orleans, the clock that had been hung on the wall through Niklaus' reign, through Marcel's reign and through the second rise of the originals, unimportant, then it was indeed unimportant.

"No, please do not worry about it" Elijah smiled to her. Willow fidgeted a little, even though she was ninety-nine percent certain that it was in Elijah's best interest to keep her safe, she still felt uneasy. Nobody could blame her.

Willow set the broken clock down on the desk and turned back to him "is there anything I can do for you?" She asked, wondering why this vampire was stood in front of her. The door behind was wide open, it gave her a breath of relief.

"Christopher sent me to check up on you, he's just taking a walk around the compound to check for any abnormal behaviour" Elijah told her.

Christopher never sent him.

"Oh" she shrugged "is that really necessary?"

"Not to alarm you, but we do now have to take precautions to keep you safe and under our protection" he replied to her question. He didn't make it too obvious, but around twenty of Marcel's vampires were waiting outside and downstairs as well in case of anything happening.

"I never thought I was that much of a big deal" Willow let out a bubble of laughter, she couldn't help it, but all she wanted to do was cry and right now the only way she could stop the tears would be to laugh it off. "My Aunt told me that some people would die to be what I am, I always told her that I'm normal, I always wanted to be normal"

She sighed, looking away at the window "if they saw what I've been through in my life, they'd really re-think about their wishes"

Elijah didn't know about her past, how Tristan procured her. He didn't know about the tragic and mysterious end to her carers lives, he didn't know about Willow having to stare into the dead eyes of her Aunt before she blacked out.

"Your Aunt must be worried sick, is there anyway of reaching out to her?" He tried to make her feel better. Maybe it would ease her pain a little more.

"Unless you have a ouija board or able to talk to the dead, I'd leave it" Willow felt an overwhelming sadness consume her. She shut her eyes and tried to let it pass.

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows, stepping forwards to examine her facial expression a bit more, for some reason he could not read her.

"I mean, she's dead. Along with my uncle. I spent days upon days locked away, just thinking about what happened" she explained "I was in the back of the car when my uncle suddenly just sped up and drove us off the road, killing both of them instantly. It was only a few weeks ago I realised that my uncle must have been compelled to do that. It still haunts me"

Elijah had dealt with a lot of loss in his time. He never really learnt what to say to anyone else if they had experienced any loss. To him, death was inevitable and he never really got close to anyone else other than his family. He learnt that with the death of Gia.

"He'll pay for what he has done, I'm going to make sure of it. For the death of my Aunt and Uncle, and for the death of my parents" Willow looked into his eyes with a deathly glare "I never really obsessed over revenge before, I was happy-ish in my old life, but now, now I have the resources and the people, I want him dead"

"I'll make sure of it. Tristan is a threat to all of us, he'll suffer in ways unimaginable"

Sedated - Hozier