46

"Where's Elijah?" Rebekah emerged from his room after checking and noticing his study was empty.

She walked down to the rest of the group and quizzed them on his whereabouts "he didn't mention he was going out"

"I haven't seen him" Klaus shrugged, he thought it was normal, with the amount of pressure Elijah was under, maybe he just needed time alone.

"It's 9am, if Elijah had gone out before then he would have told us" Rebekah worried, well- with this impending threat over their head by an unknown group, she had the right to be.

"I saw him leave the compound late last night, he told me he couldn't sleep so he needed some air" Freya added to see if her information would help "I didn't see him come in, and I stayed up quite late"

"Why on earth would he be going out at that time; even for an original the place is still dangerous" Rebekah groaned.

Willow think she could help with that. "we had an argument last night" she lifted her hand and said with her voice quiet, she was already feeling bad and now he was missing? Now she felt worse.

She stood up from her spot next to Bradley, she wanted to keep distance but he wouldn't stop following her around like a headless chicken. Maybe if he followed her so much she might agree to come back home.

"Okay" Rebekah sighed "now it makes sense. Elijah must've gone out after having the argument with willow and either is staying out to teach you all a lesson or has genuinely been kidnapped"

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a vampire" Willow wished Bradley would keep his mouth shut. She was ready to jump to his rescue and tell them all that he didn't know the full ins and outs of the situation, but by the look on Rebekah's face, she understood.

"We need to find him" Willow edged away from Bradley, feeling somewhat uncomfortable being with him and the Mikaelson's at the same time. "I don't care if it's him being mardy or if he has actually been taken, but we need to find him"

Willow stood from her chair "hold up love, where'd you think you're going?" Klaus stopped her immediately, blocking her from going anywhere but back down on her chair. But willow stood tall, she didn't back down.

"To grab my jacket, maybe a stake, maybe a knife" she told Klaus in confidence "and then I'm going out, to search for Elijah"

"Easy there, for starters I'm not letting you go anywhere near any objects that have sharp points. We all know what happens then, don't we?" He raised his eyebrows and asked her, knowing it would annoy her. Klaus did that, he knew the best ways to get to each and every one of his family members, and he did, sort of, class Willow as a family member. She was more than an ally, more than a friend and pretty close to his own brother. "Number two, if you and Elijah had an argument and that is the true reason he isn't where he is supposed to be; then I don't think you are the best person to be finding him right now"

Willow huffed. She rolled her eyes at the hybrid and asked "any more?"

"Number three!" Klaus turned around and paced, knowing that all eyes were on him. Especially the new guy, he was fascinated and scared, intrigued with Klaus' heritage and how he could be both a vampire and werewolf. Well, at least someone can appreciate it. "If Elijah has been taken, it has probably something to do with your attack, therefore if you walk into their trap it will allow them to use you against us. Eventually, you'd either get seriously harmed or killed"

"You can't really expect me to wait here, can you?" She asked, tilting her head and trying to fathom how Klaus can live with himself, asking her to stay put whilst the man she loves- well loved, could be in danger.

"I believe we'll need someone to stay here in case he returns, to notify us" Klaus said

"I know what that means, Klaus" Willow was very agitated now "it means I'm practically useless"

"Well, to be honest love, I can't look for my brother and attempt to protect you from whatever is out there, can I?" Klaus shrugged, knowing he had a fair point "and it would be a shame getting Elijah home and then telling him he has to go out and get you, he wouldn't be too happy knowing we let you loose on the city"

Normally, Willow would have fought back until Klaus gave in. But something told her not to, she wasn't sure if it was common sense or the huge sharp pain she got running from her neck and down her body.

Willow sat down, her hand reaching for her neck and rubbing it, was it this injection? She wasn't sure, but she knew that if the pain persists, she wouldn't be able to fight.

So she gave up. "Fine" she huffed "go out and find him. BUT, keep me updated, all of you. Okay?"

Klaus nodded his head. "Rebekah, you check the cathedral area and I'll check the bayou"

"I'll notify Marcel and ask for his vampire's assurance" Freya followed the two out of the door, leaving Willow and Bradley on their own.

"And I'll just wait here" she sighed, watching the door for the next few minutes. 

How to Save a Life - The Fray