87

"Were you out of your bloody mind, scaring us like that Willow?" Rebekah scorned her, she was furious with the human. "You were just going to end your life with less than half a A4 sheet of paper?"

Willow had changed her clothes and now sat on the floor by the fireplace, a blanket wrapped tightly around her. She was still shivering but her body felt a hell of a lot warmer. Willow didn't digest anything being said, she just couldn't take her eyes of the door where Elijah had gone through to fetch some more blankets. It warmed her heart to know that he was coming back through the door any minute, she didn't need to hope or pray, it was inevitable.

And he did, Elijah waltzed back through the door with blankets to hand. He saw Willow as soon as he got through, her lips were no longer an icy blue, but her skin hadn't returned to its natural glow yet. But her smile made all the difference.

"Don't lecture the girl, sister" Elijah knew what was going on by the look on Rebekah's face "she knows what she's done"

"And it was a mistake, I get that" Willow lifted a mug of hot chocolate which Freya handed to her. She was sat beside Klaus on the sofa, keeping quiet and letting them deal with their issues themselves. "Look" willow turned to Rebekah, then Freya and Nik "I'm sorry for doing what I did, and I'm sure you all understand what it's like to lose someone"

"When Elijah died, I felt this pain. Every day, it felt like I was hit by a truck, stabbed and burnt to ash before being reborn and starting over again. Each day seemed greyer than the last, and I hated myself for what I had become" She tried her best to explain this feeling of nothingness, a black hole just emptying everything inside of her and leaving only unimaginable sadness "you've all been around a lot longer than I have, dealt with a lot more than I have. And I'm not saying any of you can't feel, I'm saying that you can cope with it; I've lost a lot in my lifetime and it only made it harder to trust and get attached, I attached myself to Elijah, also thinking- this guys an original, he can't die. And he did, he was torn away from me and it hurt like hell"

"It left an unimaginably painful scar and I just had enough of it, I'm sorry for hurting you; I'm sorry for acting on a whim; I'm sorry for being selfish, I thought it was time to think of myself in a situation when I should have really thought about others"

Her apology was heartfelt, and it was the truth. Maybe she should have thought of everyone else when she had followed through with what she wanted. It was incredibly selfish but the offer of no pain, well it was too good to pass up.

It brought a tear to Rebekah's eye. For multiple times before she felt so awful, she felt that the pain was too immense and immortality was too potent for her; she was outliving her lovers, her friends, living in a world where within the blink of an eye her entire dynamic could change. She thought of Emil, the governor of New Orleans' son, she thought she would have surely married him if Nik hadn't had been so cruel to push him three stories down the stairs to his death.

Rebekah had everything torn away from her, at points she was ready to take her own life, or at least take the cure for immortality. She was willing to risk it all. But everything always seemed to get slightly better, over time, and now look, she was surrounded by family and filled with copious amounts of joy.

She smiled at Willow "I understand" she nodded "but I don't want you to do that ever again! If you're feeling alone or sad enough to top yourself then please just talk to someone first"

Willow looked over in Elijah's direction, he was attempting to dry his own hair after changing into dry clothing. She smiled "I'm sure I'll be quite fine from now on"

"And does that mean no more witch hunting?" Rebekah asked hopefully, she was sick and tired of having to scrub the blood of the floors. It took ages and it was just too much effort.

Before Willow could answer the question, Elijah butted in, standing tall by her "that is definitely a yes, Willow will no longer be putting herself in danger by venturing out to kill witches" Elijah leant down and kissed the top of her head "however the rule still stands, no witches- apart from Freya, are to be allowed in the quarter under any circumstances, those that defy shall be slaughtered on site"

"Come on, Elijah, don't ruin my fun" Willow looked up and smirked at him.

"You only slaughtered witches in order to channel your anger and try to connect with a different emotion other than pain because of my death, am I correct?" He asked "if so, then there is no need for you to slaughter any more, the witches that plotted against me, or even thought to, are long gone from this world and your work, whilst appreciated, is now done. The vampires can now handle who gets in and out of the city"

"Great, I got bored anyway" she laughed "I don't have the urge to kill anymore, I got what I wanted" Willow held Elijah's hand tightly "and I sure as hell not letting him get away any time soon; you're stuck with me Elijah, not even death can take you from me"