68

"What is love?"

"Love is putting someone's needs before your own, it isn't a force of nature, we cannot choose nor demand who we love, it is chosen for us. Love is a spark that burns bright inside of us"

Bradley's mother read from a piece of paper she had written a few days before the funeral. Elijah and Rebekah had worked in conjunction with his parents to plan an outdoor funeral, rows of people sat before the freshly dug hole and the coffin lay there ready to be placed into it.

Elijah could tell her speech was tugging at Willow's heart strings most of all. He looked down and gently took her hand, squeezing it for support. Willow flinched at his touch, but shortly relaxed after she realised what he was doing. She looked up at him and smiled, silently thanking him.

"Bradley had so much love to give, so much warmth that everyone in the town felt it. I just find it cruel, how some people on this earth think it's fun to just, snub someone's light out" Her voice turned sour for a minute and Elijah felt Willow tense up.

He didn't manage to cover up the stab wound, it was a huge line from below his rib cage going upwards, he could not pass it for a natural death. So he made it up, falsified paperwork, made everything look like it had been yet another attack on a random person. He even had the police come to their door to tell them.

"Calm down" he could tell Willow was getting het up, and right now a quick change in emotion could change her body chemistry and trigger the hunter; there were no vampires around, but everybody had to be too careful, it wasn't vampires she was murdering now, it was humans too.

Willow squoze his hand and shut her eyes, taking a deep breath in and clenching her jaw to calm herself down. Neutral, she needs to be neutral.

"I am" she breathed "I am calm"

"Are you sure it's a good idea, to stand up there and talk?" Elijah asked, worrying that she might completely lose the plot up there. He could see it in his mind now, and it wasn't like there weren't many people there, I mean; most of the town sat amongst them.

"I killed the man" Willow turned to him and whispered "the least I can do is speak at his funeral" She let go of his hand and put it on his knee "by the way, with the speech I wrote, please bare in mind I had to write it as Ashley, so it's very... I don't know, fluffy"

"I'll be sure to ignore everything you don't want me to hear" he smiled, turning back and trying to make it look like he had been listening all alone.

"Bradley was very special to us, and now I'm going to invite someone that was very special to him" she was crying, more than usual "Ashley" she held her hand out and made everyone look behind them or in front of them, to see where she was.

She cleared her throat and immediately cut all physical contact she had with Elijah. She didn't want anyone to see anything suspicious. Willow stood up and brushed off her skirt, looking to the sea of people before walking up to the front.

She gave Bradley's mother a hug before motioning for her to sit down and rest. She told her she did very well.

Willow unfolded a piece of paper and rested on the wooden podium. Willow looked out to everyone, they were all dressed in black, some had their heads buried in tissues. In a small town like this, many people watched him grow up, they knew him so well.

"I never really believed in guardian angels, or anything of that sort" everything seemed so quiet, everything was focussed on her "I- I didn't believe in a lot; I moved here after going through a hell of a lot, I felt so alone, I felt like I'd never be happy again"

"I met Bradley, just outside of the cafe I used to work at..."

Willow had so much paperwork to do, the manager of the cafe had thought her capable to banking and helping run the place. He had given her a lot of revision and maths to do in such a short time, so she had to take it all home.

She locked the door of the cafe aswell as trying to hold onto everything all at once. She slid her little finger around the key ring of her keys to keep them in a tight grasp as she turned around and walked to her car.

"No" Willow couldn't walk that fast as she thought it was a great idea to put some smart, black midi heels on with her uniform today. "No no no no" she shook her head and walked up to the man toeing her car.

"Sorry ma'am" he shrugged "illegally parked"

"wait what? Where's the sign?"

He pointed a few feet behind her where a sign was stood tall that clearly stated no parking.

"You've got to be kidding me?" She stomped her foot "it was only once, all the spaces were gone out back and I was already late for work"

"Sorry, I'm just doing my job"he shrugged

"Come on man" another guys voice came from behind her "its dark, she didn't mean to park there, she didn't know. How is she going to get home?"

Willow looked behind and saw the guy that had come to the cafe regularly, they exchanged a smile or so but no words. Why was he sticking up for her?

"I can't do anything, just call this number and pay your fine. You'll get it back within three business days" he gave her a card and got back into the car, dragging away Willow's with him.

"Oh my god" she dropped her paperwork, everything in her hands dropped to the floor as she felt like punching something.

"You have a lot of things" the guy knelt down and started collecting the papers before they blew away. Willow realised and dropped down to her knees, not caring if she'd rip her tights.

"Thank you" she said, piling everything up "you didn't have to"

"Well I needed an excuse to talk to you" He took the papers off her and held them in his hand "I can't just keep walking in and ordering a coffee every morning, it's getting me nowhere"

Willow couldn't help but crack a small smile "oh" that's all she could say.

"Maybe, we can talk when I'm taking you home? I couldn't let a pretty girl like you walk home at this time, in this weather"

"Okay"

"By the second date I swear he'd already started planning our wedding" she laughed through the tears "and by the fifth date, when I told him everything I've been going through, when he listened and said that we'll get through it together. That's when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him"

"I'm just sorry that we never got to that point. And now I'm going to have to live my life without him. I was always told that in our lifetime we only get one true love, and I, I got the best one"

Willow stepped down and rested her hand on the top of the coffin "I'm so so sorry" she said before clutching her fist and walking away.

In front of you - The quiet kind