22

Lucy POV:

The city below us is like a paradise to us. Lights laminated everywhere just liked small stars sparkling at their own brightness and different unique colours. As if you could see, is like a living city.

"Yep." I sat down on the cold stone floor as he followed me.

"Here." I passed him some snacks that I smuggled from Mirajane's kitchen. If Erza knew this, I would be dead.

This is." He hesitated to take.

"This shall be our secret." I winked at him as I placed a small candle on top of a muffin.

"Alright." He tore the wrapper and bit the delicious cookie as I lighted the candle.Who did not love cookies anyway?

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Natsu. Happy birthday to you." I clapped and sang for him.

"Thanks, Lucy." He blowed the tiny flame away.

"So Natsu, why you become a pirate?"  I asked him.

"I'm looking for my father and my brother. Beside being a pirate, allows me to travel around the big ocean. But it had been so long since I last seen them." He answered me.

"I'm sure you will find them one day." I placed my hands on his and gave a squeeze as a sign of my care to him.

"Thank you, Luce." I moved away my hands but he caught it just in time. The bell rang to indicating it was midnight already. And My heart was beating fast.

"Thank you for everything." He continued as he closed the distance between us before I could stop him.

"I mean it." His eyes met mine as I breathed.

"What is that kiss?" I whispered. "If lovers kiss at midnight, they are soulmate for life as their hearts beat as one. "My mother sang a folktale when I was young.

"That was nothing. It does not mean a lot to me anyway." He cleared his throat nervously as I could see his face turns a little pink.

"Alright." I smiled to myself. I felt a bit disappointed.

"But I still craved for it." He brought his mouth down and kissed me.

I did not know whether I'm still in heaven or on earth. But there was one thing that I'm sure about it. I, Lucy Heartfilia was currently in love with Natsu Dragneel, the captain of Fairy Tail.

Natsu POV:

"Happy, I caught all this fishes for you." I threw the fishes on the ground.

"Natsu." Happy's eyes glittering as he drooling with saliva.

"So are we still friends?" I asked him.

"Of course!" He gobbled all the fishes.

"Natsu-san." Juvia, the diver in my crew.

"What is it, Juvia?"

"Does Gray likes Juvia? Honestly speaking, I feel there is no hopes for me." She looked down.

Lucy POV:

"Lu-chan, so you guys kissed last night?" Levy confirmed with me.

"Yes." I replied her, avoiding her eyes.

"Nalu is happening!" Mirajane clapped her hands in excitement.

"We just kissed. Nothing else. And maybe it might be last time we kissed." I pointed out.

"I don't care. There is some hopes on nalu. High hopes. How about you, Levy? When is gale coming?" Levy widened her eyes as Mirajane winked at her.

"What is gale?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Preview of Chapter 23:

"Then I'm afraid you can't attend this Party." He waved a letter and placed on Levy's hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------