Silent Skating

A/n
So this imagine is about ice skating around Christmas in an outside rink. You see Mark and he tries to talk to you, but the problem is, you are mute. Just so you don't get confused with the title. You are not deaf. You can hear Mark's beautiful voice I promise. PS I'm sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas. If you don't, swap it out for a different holiday/birthday!

Christmas. The best holiday. The lights illuminated the city. Little kids jumped around in cheer, holding their parents' hands. Couples walked hand in hand. Friends chatted as they walked through the streets. Cars drove by and people ventured around.

I searched for the rink wearing a grey beanie, a knee length black coat  that remained unzipped, a red scarf, grey fingerless gloves, light skinny jeans, and black converse. My (h/c) cascaded down my back and shoulders, reaching my mid back.

I walked alone, however. I didn't have very many friends, I just perferred to do things myself instead of having to bring a stack of paper and a pen everywhere I went. That would be because I am mute. Many make fun of me just because I am different.

I decided to try outdoor ice skating for once. Not the best idea to do alone, but who really cares anyway. I've grown used to being made fun of.

I rented some skates and slipped them on, leaving my shoes outside of the rink with everyone else's. I threw my bag across my shoulder and let is hang on the opposite side.

I made my way onto the rink where I started at the wall. Little kids did the same until their parents came to help them by taking their hands.

Once I got the hang of it, I removed one of my hands. I was still a little wobbly, but I was okay. People zipped past me on the ice, the sound of the blades scratching against the frozen ground kept coming. I became impatient with myself. I let go of the wall completely. I ended up slipping onto my backside, feeling the cold surface against me. My body ached. Giggling was heard all around.

I heard someone stop behind me and say,

"Here, let me help you up." His voice was deep and calming. It was sweet as well.

The man got in front of me and I blushed, seeing him as a very handsome man. He had chocolate brown eyes, red hair, glasses, and a stubbly beard. He was a shorter man, but very built. He wore a grey sweatshirt, dark jeans, a red scarf, and a black hat to cover his ears. He held out his gloved hand and he helped me up.

I stood, the top of my head only reaching his nose. I realized how close we were, my left hand was on his chest and my right was still in his hand. I moved away slightly and lwt go of his hand. I nodded to him as a thank you. The man smiled.

"I'm Mark, what's your name?" He asked.

I began to panic slightly, my heart pounding. I held up my index finger and pulled out my phone. I opened my notes and wrote my name.

Hello! I'm (Y/N). I am sorry but I cannot speak. I was just born that way.

I handed him the phone and he nodded.

"Well, hello, (Y/N)... I-I don't know how to say this but.. Well... Ah, forget it." He held up his hands after giving my phone back.

Do you perfer signing?

I smiled and jumped sliggtly, clapping my hands. I began to sign.

Oh my gosh, yes! I'm so happy someone else knows how to sign.

Mark chuckled.

"Do you need help getting around?"

I blushed a little and held up my hands.

Yes I think so.

Mark then took my hand and held it tightly, intertwining his fingers with mine, making the hairs on the back of my next stand up.

He began to skate and I followed his movements. My foot slid under me and I tripped, catching myself on Mark's arm. He chuckled and helped me regain balance.

•°•°•°•°•°

When I got used to it, we had a tendancy to hold hands the whole time. I would occasionally have to let go to sign to him, but we still remained with our hands tangled together. I felt awkward yet oddly comfortable. He was such a sweet man. And he knew sign language which was amazing. Someone who could finally understand me without a pen and paper, or even a phone.

It felt nice to have someone understand me in general.