He's Not Afraid pt. 3

I left the school before Mark could see me. I didn't want him seeing me like this. Tears streaking my face. A look of terror and pain.

Before leavomg, Alexa and Mike looked at me with smirks. I knew Mike was part of this as well.

I walked home quickly, clutching my sides gingerly with my head down.

It began to rain. Not a lot, but just a drizzle.

I walked up to my room and closed my window and blinds and laid on my bed where I began to cry.

Bzz bzz

I opened my phone to see a text from Mark.

"I didn't find you at the bathroom before. Where'd you go? And where are you now?"

"The teacher didn't let me go because it was an important lesson. And I'm at home right now. I had a really bad headache to I just left. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. If you're feeling up to it, I have a game in about two hours. You can come if you'd like."

"I can check."

"Okay. Love you, baby."

His last text made me smile.

I just wanted to be in his arms. Feel his lips again.

I walked out in the rain and knocked on his door. He answered soon after.

His face lit up when he saw me. He hugged me tightly. I winced behind him so he couldn't see me. He let me in and led me to his room.

We sat on the bed. He stared into myeyes and inched closer. His lips touched mine. This was what I wanted. Until his hands went to my sides. I couldn't bear the paim, so I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled away with a yelp.

"Baby! What's:s wrong?"

"Ah, nothing. Just a stomach ache."

"Lemme see. I can give you some medicine to help kill the pain after a check it out."

I looked down in defeat. I couldn't hide this from him forever. A tear slid down my face as I lay down.

He gently lifted my shirt and gasped at the sight. I looked down to see for myself. My belly was covered in bruises already turning black and purple.

"(Y/N)! Wha-? Who? What happened? What did this? Who did this to you?"

He gently touched my stomach as if I were glass.

"Uhm... Well..." I sighed. "It was Mike a-and Alexa."

"You know, Mike was my best friend! I thought he would support me for finally finding the girl of my dreams! That son of a bitch!"

A honk came from outside and I jumped. I sat up and walked to Mark, who was already looking out the window.

It wad Alexa, Mike, and their friends.

"Come on Mark! We're having a party before the game!"

"Come with me and wait by the door until I tell you to come out, okay? Don't be afraid, love," Mark said.

He took my hand and led me downstairs. He walked out the door and scowled at Mike and Alexa who hopped out of the truck with ceery smiles.

Mark looked at me and waved me outside, holding his hand out. I walked out the door holding my stomach and took Mark's hand. Alexa smirked evilly at me.

Mark took me by surprise as he lifted my shirt to reveal the brusies that covered my belly. I shouldn't say bruises. It all looks like one big one now.

Alexa kept smileing while Mike's eyes widened.

"Can you tell me why my girlfriend had f*cking bruises covering her entire stomach?" Mark shouted.

Mike spoke up.

"It was all Alexa, man. I mean, I told her about you guys dating and I just wanted her to scare her a little. I didn't mean for it to go this far."

Alexa pretended to lunge at me, causing me to go behind Mark, gripping his shirt.

She laughed at me.

"So you set this up? After all these years of looking for the right one, I expected you to support me. Not put me down for loving someone! I never gave a shit about Alexa! I still don't!"

"If been trying to get you and Alexa together for years. You are not blowing this off right now!"

Mark tackled Mike to the ground and had a brawl. Alexa kept her gaze on me the whole time.

Mark hit Mike in the face. Square in the nose, causing blood to fall. Mike shoved Mark over so he was pinning Mark to the ground. Blood dripped onto Mark's face and Mike brought his fist back to hit him. And he did. In the eye. Mark kneed him in the stomach and the switched spots. This repeated until Mark was on top of Mike again, about to punch. I pulled him up and shoved him away. I pulled Mike up by the collar and shouted in his face, scaring him.

"Stop! Stop this nonsense! You both look pathetic trying to do this! Stop!"

Mike backed away as Alexa jhopped in the truck.

"Stay away from her! If I find even a fingerprint on her body I will kill you!" Mike had fear in his eyes as he kept a straight face. The left with screeching tires and looks of fear.

I dragged Mark inside by the hand.

"(Y/N)?"

I did not answer. I grabbed a rag and dampened it with cool water. His knuckles were split and he had a black eye already forming.

I lightly dabbed the rag to the wounds on his hands. He winced, but stayed still until I was done.

"(Y/N), I-"

"Why me? Why do you want to be with the shy girl who has low self esteem and doesn't have freinds when you can have a chance to become the most popular kid by dating Alexa. A girl who is beautiful with tons of friends and unbelievable confidence? Please just tell me this is a prank. I son't understand any of this."

"(Y/N) this is not a prank. I swear on my life that it's not. I truly love you. I don't want to date Alexa because she's a fake. You show your true self to me all the time. And that's what I love. You are a caring, smart, and shy girl. And I love that. I love you. And only you. You are mine. And I am yours."

"God, I hate you," I say before kissing him. My hands connected behing his neck while his gently gripped my waist.

Our lips moved in sync, slipping effortlessly across each other.

I never knew that one boy could change my entire life. He became the love of my life. He protected me and loved me dearly. That was all I needed.

He wasn't afraid to love me. He wasn't afraid to show our relationship to the world.