I'll Keep You Safe Pt. 4

THIS IS TAKING SO LONG IM SORRY.

Mark POV

So close. I was so close to kissing her.

"That's it! There it is! That's the thing I saw!"

My head flung around and I looked out the window. And I saw it. It had pale skin and milky eyes. It had long limbs and its ribs were showing greatly. Its mouth looked as if its lips had been ripped off. It had several fangs and no hair. It had claws that were covered in blood. It looked like it had been through hell and back.

My eyes widened as its eyes met mine.

"Don't. Move." (Y/N) whispered.

I didn't move. I couldn't.

"What is that thing?!"

"I dunno," (Y/N) said.

It screeched again. I thought it would walk away, but it didn't. It hopped from tree to tree. It left, leaving behind one last shriek.

"We have to get out of here," I said.

"No. We should stay here. If we go out there, we have a higher risk of getting killed by that thing." (Y/N) spoke.

I thought.

"We should warn the others. You stay here. I'll go get them."

She kissed me on the cheek.

"Be safe," she whispered.

"I will."

I then ran toward the back door. I saw Chris and Mike with Josh, his hands tied behind his back.

"Guys! Something's out here we gotta go," I called as I grabbed Mike's shoulder. He flung it off and said,

"Get out of here! I have business to take care of!"

Chris looked at me sympathetically and I walked over to him.

"There really is something. You gotta got out of here. (Y/N) saw it to. We-"

"Mark, I'll catch up to you. Mike is just about on his last nerve. I'm afraid he'll bust if I leave."

I placed my hand on Chris' shoulder, nodding to him and leaving.

I felt like that was the worst mistake I could make at that moment.

•°•°•°•°•°

We were all in the house. All of us. None of us dared to move. Let alone breathe. (Y/N) trembled as her hand remained in mine. It was on the chandelier.

It was the thing (Y/N) and I saw out the window. That thing is apparently called a wendigo. The wendigo had a familiar butterfly tattoo. That butterfly tattoo was in the same exact spot on Hannah's shoulder. It was the same exact tattoo. This wendigo was in fact Hannah.

Hannah survived the fall off the cliff. Beth had died. Emily had found Beth's head in the mines. Sam and Mike had found Beth's wooden grave, her watch, and Hannah's diary she held for the time. Hannah had dug up her own sister and ate her to prevent starving to death. It had made matters much worse. She became a monster.

There were secen wendigos in total. Five dead. Two alive. Including Hannah. One of the dead had cracked open a gas pipe. The smell of gas filled the air.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chris sprint out the door.

Six to go.

Hannah let out a gut wrenching screech. (Y/N) tightened her grip as Hannah focused on the last wendigo. Sam moved behind a pillar  and Hannah shifted her attention to Sam. Mike began to make his way tword the light switch. Blood dripped down his face. He reached for the small bulb and enclosed his fist around it. He shattered the bulb and Hannah's head whipped his way.

Emily ran out the door.

Five.

Sam began to breathe heavier. I saw all hope from Mike peave his eyes. He was staring death in the face.

"Hey!" Sam screamed.

The wendigo let out yet another ear piercing scream, facing Sam and slowly walking tword her.

Ashley stumbled out the door and was gone.

Four more.

I noticed (Y/N) was guiding me tword the door. Inch by inch. The second wendigo had locked it's eyes on us. We stopped dead in our tracks.

Two minutes of tension had passed. The wendigo had lost interest in us. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Mike was gone.

Three.

Sam had looked at us. Nodding. Telling us to go.

(Y/N) had tears filling her eyes. I nodded and wrapped my arms around (Y/N). We smiled at our best friend before I dragged (Y/N) out the door. I ran out the door. (Y/N) kicked her legs and began to sob.

I sat her down in the snow. We knelt and she leaned forward into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and looked around seeing Matt and Jess along with the others. They all stared at the house. I began to do the same.

The next thing we saw was an explosion inside of the house. Sam flew into the air, landing in the snow with a huff. The wendigo spirits whizzed past us and we watched the lodge burn up in flames. It was dawn. I tilted (Y/N)'s chin to the sky as a helicopter came into view.

•°•°•°•°•°

The police took us to the apartment where we had interviews and they called out parents. I had finished my interview and they had given me a blanket. I waited outside of one of the rooms on a bench. They came out one by one.

Mike.

Jess.

Sam.

Josh. (#JOSHDESERVEDBETTER YOU'RE WELCOME)

Matt.

Emily.

Ashley.

Chris.

And then...

(Y/N).

I stood quickly as she ran to me. I walked forward with open arms. She jumped in my arms.

Her hands craddled my face and and I kissed her.

I kissed her.

She immediatley kissed back.

Her lips were warm, plump, and a little bit chapped, but still enjoyable.

This went on until our lungs burned and begged for oxygen. We parted and she put her forehead on mine.

"I'll keep you safe until the die I die."

CRINGE IM SO SORRY I JUST FELT I HAD TO GET THIS DONE IM SO SORRY.