Prom

"Please just go! It'll be fun!"

Prom is about a week away. No one has asked me, but my friend has been begging me to go. I've never liked dressing up and all the makeup and the heels. I hated the heels.

"For the last time, Kathrine. No."

She whines like a child. She wouldn't stop following me and making noises. I've had it.

"Fine! I'll go! Will you shut up now?"

She lights up and squeals and runs off.

I roll my eyes and pack up my school bag to go home.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Today's the day. Prom day.

I turn off my alarm and grab my dress. I stare at it for a second before putting it on. It's a long, flowy, mint green dress. (Picture above.) It's not much but, it was still pretty.

After fooling with my hair for a half hour, I finally start my makeup.

I do a simple, natural look with winged eyeliner, false lashes, and a sheer lip gloss. (I hate lip gloss. If you do to, swap it with a lip stick color or even just get rid of it.)

"Frick!" I yell in frustration, trying to glue on the other lash.

When I'm satisfied with my makeup, I look in the mirror and realize how much it makes my (e/c) eyes pop.

I put in my stud, diamond earings and a single diamond necklace around my neck. The delicate jewelry, in my opinion, pulled everything together.

I put my phone and wallet in a clutch and walk down the steps after putting on my heels.

My parents stare at me in awe from the bottom of the steps. I smile and roll my eyes.

"Honey, you look so beautiful!" My mom says, wiping away tears.

After ten minutes of pictures later, I finally step outside to see Kathrine and her other friends with their dates in a limo. A freaking limo.

The driver opens the door for me as I climb in.

"You rented a freaking limo, Kath?"

"Yes I did!" She says with a giggle and takes her date's hand.

After a long car ride of me sitting awkwardly and watching people kiss in the limo, we finally arrive.

We pay for our tickets and walk inside.

All my friends run off while I lean on a wall and watch. It seems awkward but, I never really liked to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people.

I bob my head to the beat of the music.

"Put a little
Twist in my hips,
Kiss on my wrist,
Ice on my wrist,
Cause I'm hot and I'm dancin'."

My eyes roam around the room as I see Mark.

Mark. One of the cutest kids in the whole school. He's a total nerd but he's a good looking and well built guy.

He looks amazing in a suit. His blue and purple hair bounces in front of his glasses. He wears a black tux and black bow tie.

Suddenly, we make eye contact. I quickly turn away and continue looking around.

A slow song begins to play and I see several couples begin to make out and dance.

There is a tap on my shoulder. I quickly whip my head around to see Mark.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Hi, Mark," I say as I blush.

"Y-you look stunning tonight," he stutters and smiles.

"Thank you. You look good yourself," I say as I feel my face become more red.

After a couple seconds of awkward silence, he speaks up again.

"Would you like to dance?"

"S-sure."

He holds out his hand and I take it gently. He pulls me out to the dance floor. He puts his hands on my waist as I put mine on his shoulders. They won't stop shaking, either.

"Come on skinny love,
Just last a year.
Pour a little salt,
We were never here."

He spins me with our hands above us, causing my dress to flow like a breeze on the floor.

After a little more dancing, he dips me out of no where.

I laugh. When I do, a snort comes out.

I blush like crazy and cover my mouth with wide eyes.

He lifts me back up and chuckles.

I avoid his eyes in embarrassment.

"I love your laugh, don't be embarrassed." He smiles at me.

We continue to dance for a few more songs until my feel hurt like hell.

Mark follows me as I sit at a table and take my heels off, setting them under the seat.

He runs his hand through his hair and sighs.

"Hey did you come here with a date? I'm sorry I had to drag you away," I say.

"No. No it's alright. My friends dragged me here."

"Haha. Same here," I respond.

"That was fun," he says with a chuckle.

"If you still wanna dance, I'll go barefoot," I say with a smile.

"Whatever you wanna do," he says.

"I'll go."

Whwn we reach the floor, his hands return to my waist and mine on his shoulders. This time, my hands connect and I rest my head kn his chest. I can hear his heartbeat. It's like music.

Why am I doing this?

Before I can pull away and apologize, he pulls me closer.

With the cold floor on my bare feet, we sway to the music. It was like magic.

We pull apart and look at eachother. He leans down at my leavel. His lips graze my cheek as he whispers in my ear. I blush.

"I have a question, (Y/N)."

I nod.

His lips remain at my ear.

"(Y/N), I've known you since sixth grade. And now we're seniors. I feel like only just tonight, I really got to know you. Like your adorable snort when you laugh. And how you bite your lip when you mess up at something. In this case, dancing. And how you purse your lips when you focus. And what I'm trying to ask is, will you be my girlfriend?"

I nod quickly and hug him tightly.

I don't believe this is happening.

"I really want to kiss you right now," he says in my hair.

"Go ahead," I say.

He cradles my face in his hands and kisses me softly.

A/n

OKAY I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE AND I HOPE Y'ALL DO TOO.
PS THANKS FOR THE READS I LOVE YOU GUYS.