He's Not Afraid

Moving to a new highschool is not easy. But I had to for my mom.

I walk in class to see that I am ten minutes early. The teacher has not arrived, but different students chat and do work.

I sat in my desk and began to draw. I didn't know what, but I sketched and sketched until someone walked to my seat. I looked up to see the same jock that's been picking on me the whole time I've been here.

"Hey, princess. Whataya doing?"

I rol my eyes at his nickname and keep doodling.

He knocks my pen out of my hand.

I look up and see him smirking at me. He shakes the pen in my face.

I take a pen out of my pocket and slowly wave it in his face. I begin to draw once again.

I hear him chuckle. As I was drawing, he grabbed my shirt and lifted me out of my seat. I yelp in surprise.

"It isn't your place to ignore me, Dork. Now, we wouldn't want any trouble, would we?" He growls in my face. The whole class has been silenced. Great. All I wanted was to be invisble here.

I hear my shirt stretching as I kick my legs. It slightly tears as he holds me in the air. What is his freaking problem?

He drops me and I fall to the ground after hitting my seat. I wince and get back in my seat after he leaves.

I force myself not to cry as another person walks to my seat. Another jock.

"What do you want," I snap as I pick up my pen and angrily write across my paper.

"Are you okay?" He says softly as he kneels down next to me.

He has bright pink hair, soft chocolate eyes, a sharp jawline, and glasses.

I nod and look away.

"I'm Mark. That, kid, Mike, is my friend but he can be a real ass sometimes. Sorry about that," he whipsers.

His eyes trail to my stretched and ripped shirt.

"Here," he says as he holds out his hand and stands up. "Allow me to get you a new shirt. It might be a little big but it'll be better than that one."

I sniffle and take his hand. He leads me to the boys locker room, but had me wait outside. I lean against the wall, crossing my arms and looking down.

A girl walks up to me in her cheerleading uniform, covered by a tight t-shirt. I know her name. All of us do. Her name is Alexa. She's the lead cheerleader. Her blonde hair falls straight over her shoulders and scowls at me.

"Stay away from him. He's mine. He lives me and only me. If you even try to get near him, I will make your life a living hell." She smiles at me and struts away in her high heels. I've never thought about being with Mark. I've always known his name. I've always kind of... Liked him. We've talked only a couple times but it wasn'g anything serious. Awkwardly, I've drawn him before. He's just so... Intruiging. I never thought I would have a chance. I'm just a shy, quiet girl who has no soul, and he's the most popular kid in the school who has so many friends and all. He would never have time for me.

He comes out with a (your highschool) shirt in his hand. He hands it to me and leaves me to change. It smells like him. And I love it.

-when you are walking home-

I stuff my books in my back and begin to walk home. I shove in my earbuds and listen to music as I walk.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jump and turn to see Mark. I pull out my earbuds. With a small smile.

"Hey."

I continue walking. Why is my heart beating so fast?

"Where ya going," he says, smiling. He continues to walk with me.

I sigh.

"Is this some kind of a prank? If so, please tell me now before it all explodes in my face," I yell.

"What? No! I just want to get to know you!" He says.

"I don't believe you," I say as I shake my head.

"(Y/N)-"

"No. Just stop. I've had enough of being pushed around for having feelings for you. I'm not accepted here. I don't have a single friend and I don't want one because everyone treats me like shit. All I wanted was to be invisible here because it was the exact same at my last school. Just stop messing with me and leave me al-"

"You have feelings for me?"

Crap.

"Uhm. I-I have to go," I say as I run off.

"(Y/N), wait!" I hear in the distance.

He knows my name...

I finally reach my house and slam the door shut.

"Oops!" I yell in case my mom is home. I look around to see that see is at work. (I actually do this)

I run up to my room and close my door. I sit at my desk and begin to fo my homework.

I think about what's going to happen tomorrow. Mark is going to tell everyone that the nerd has feelings for him and I'm going to be dead. Picked on. Kicked around. Everything.

Fifteen minutes into deep thinking and homework, you hear a crash. You jump up and look around, but it didn't come from your home. It came from next door. I look out the window to see their window open, and a whole in their wall.

A boy stands in front of the whole. All I see is the familiar pink hair, but now sticking up every which way.

Mark?

A/n

I'm actually kinda liking this one. It's pretty similar to 'Bullies' but I think I like this one a little more. What do you guys think?