I'll Keep You Safe Pt.2

Mark PoV

Seeing (Y/N) with Josh, made me slightly jealous. He even called her "sweetheart". Yes, I know, he's been through a lot but, I couldn't help but feel jealous.

I watched her move away and walk around, admiring the woods.

Josh walked up to me.

"(Y/N)'s lookin', uh... Pretty nice today," he said smugly as he winked at me.

"Um."

"I can't help but picture her under that shirt," he said.

"Cut it out, Josh."

"Alright, alright, man. I'm just messin' around."

"Yeah... Sheesh."

He pats my back and leaves, walking back by the steps. I turn on my heel and walk to (Y/N).

"Hey, Mark, look at this," she says, pointing to a deer in between two trees.

"Oh yeah. That's a cool deer," I chuckle.

"No. Past that. Did you not see that, too?"

"No I didn't what'd you see?"

"Nevermind, Mark. I just thought I saw something," she says quickly.

I search for her gaze, confused.

"Are you sure? (Y/N) are you okay?" I asked softly.

She chuckled. "Mark I'm fine," she said as she put her hand on mine. I grabbed it.

"Your hands are so cold," I said, closing them into mine to help her regain warmth. In the dark, I could see her blushing slightly.

I looked down and rubbed my thumbs on the top of her hands. I glanced up and her and then back down. I pulled her hands to my lips and breathed on them.

They were so small and delicate. I wanted to keep them in my hands forever.

When her hands became warmer, my hand lingered on hers. I found myself holding my breath, so I let it out and let go of her hand.

•°•°•°•°•°

I turned the knob of the door. Iced.

"I know, man. Frozen," Josh said.

"Well isn't there a window we can like... Get open or something?" Chris asked.

"So you're planning on breaking in?" Josh furrowed his brow.

I chuckled.

"Well, technically, it's not breaking in if you own the place," Chris reasoned.

"Not if I don't report you," Josh mumbled. "Lead the way Cochise."

Chris began to walk down the porch step, but stopped in fron of Ash. I continued with Josh down the small path. He stopped.

"Let's wait for the lovebirds to stop talking."

"Why can't they just realize it already," I huffed.

Josh shrugged.

Chris walked back up the path and next to Josh. I followed behind them as they talked quietly.

"You're a hunter, bro! No mercy! She won't even know what hit her," Josh said as he circled Chris and continued walking.

"Alright. Alright. Sheesh," Chris said.

I suddenly cringed for Chris, realizing what Josh was talking about.

We continued walking until we cane to a window.