Big Softie

Mark and I decided to go back and visit Ohio to get a break from the LA weather and see some snow.

I wake up in the bed we shared at his mom's house. But, now, I was alone. I push myself out of the bed and run to the window.

I stare out the glass at the scene. The sun reflects off the new, pure, blanket of snow, blinding me.

I move away from the window and keep on my sweatpants and t-shirt, sliding on my fuzzy socks, beanie, and gloves.

I run down the stairs like a child on Christmas morning and see Mark sitting at the table with a coffee in his hands, wearing only his pajama pants.

He smiles at me and holds out a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. I take a couple sips and set it on the counter. I run and grab my scarf, winter coat, and boots, after I'm ready, I run out the door and prance in the snow, leaving holes from where I had put my foot.

Mark walks out the door all bundled up with a smile dancing on his features. His blue hair falls from his hat, falling onto his face.

I trip in the knee-high snow and fall, causing the ice crystals to puff up and fall back onto me. I begin to laugh at myself. Matk begings to laugh as well and I see him snapping pictures of me.

I sit up and he walks over to me, sitting in front of me. He smiles again and lifts his hand, gazing at the tiny snoflakes scattered on his glove.

I take pictures of him to get my revenge.

I never knew that when it came to snow, my big tough guy became a softie.

He caught me with my little revenge act and threw a snowball at me.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and through a snowball at him.

It was then a war.

Giggles escaped my lips as I hit him with the cold, white puff balls.

Laughter would erupt between us every couple of seconds.

The ends of my hair were now a little wet and my ears were blistering and red from the cold.

Mark tackled me into the snow, causing me to burst out laughing.

Mark's POV

I loved her smiles. Her laughter. Everything.

Snowflakes stuck to her (h/c) hair and long eyelashes.

She giggled as she sat up in front of me.

A snowflake danced in the air and fell upon her nose, sticking there.

She stared at it cross-eyed, and snorted with laughter.

Her nose, cheeks, and ears now coral from the cold, she looked beautiful in the Ohio scenery.

I pinched a snowflake from her hair and pulled it out, gazing at it's shape and size. The small details always amazed me. I always had a soft spot for the snow. It felt like home.

I caught her staring at me with a smile.

Your POV

He was just siting there, investigating a tiny snowflake. He was adorable.

I couldn't help but smile.

He finally looked at me.

He smirked at me and inched closer, placing his gloved hands on my frozen cheeks.

Our cold lips finally met, yet it made me feel warm. Safe.

These were the moments I cherished.

He was my big teddy bear.