Chapter Twelve

I safely arrived at home, thanks to Colton and Erin. I flimsily trudge my body on the floor. All I wanted to do is to rest in my comfortable fluffy bed. Without a care to the world, I hastily took off my clothes and throw it on the laundry basket inside my bathroom, like how I throw a paper in a trash bin.

All naked in front of my bathroom mirror, I study the image I am conceiving in front of me. My feet were swollen caused by my newly worn shoes. My mom bought it for me when she once had a trip in Canada. I uncomfortably try to grasp the plastered appearance that reflecting on the mirror.

Pale skin and a brown-black hair. The slender nose make an aristocratic appearance which was being envied by some of my classmates back in Philippines.

Unlike there, here in this country, having this kind of features is such an ordinary thing. It is easier for me to blend in here and live my life as peaceful as I could.

But there is one person that is making me uncomfortable with his gaze. Those eyes hide a darkest and grimiest secret. I have no idea about him to fully judge him. He gave me a feeling of both uneasiness and... Curiosity...

Am I suppose to feel like this to a person who have shown me a creepy attitude?

For now let see how he acts.

Will he apologize?

*****"That's all for today's class, make sure to do early your projects. I would like you to submit it to me 2 weeks from now. Any submission after that will not be accepted"

Imran closes the the math book and it created a dusty smoke, probably because of the chalk dust scouring on his hand. He usually does not use to write on the board using a chalk but the school upgrading is still on going so he must bear doing it.

At the very back of the classroom where Kenya Heartfilia was sitting, Imran could not hold himself from stealing side glances towards the lady. For the past few days, Kenya would not even bat an eye on him. He knows very well the reason why she was avoiding him. It hurts him that she does evade his very presence but he was the reason why she did it in the first place.

Being a top of his class throughout his life, he was very well knowledgeable about human psychology. Kenya is a very intuitive person so she must have perceived his sudden frantic skinship towards her as perverted act.

He tried to keep his distance towards her as far as he could or he would end up making her suffocated, which is the thing he never wanted to happen.

So why was she kept staring at him bravely? Does she not scared of him anymore? Did she get over about what he did to her? Should he approach her?

No, it probably not the right time. She must still have a grudge towards him. The she look at him does not give a friendly vibe at all.

'I'll let her go ... For now'

"Kenya I called your phone for the last time yesterday and it rang but still no one was picking it up."

Terrence gave her an apologetic look. He has done all he could to help her. She even heard that he called it non-stop for the past few days. Kenya wondered if no one has ever seen her phone from where she left it but the thought is a kind of impossible.

An uber car must have been busy and does have a lot of different passengers since after her. So why? Why does she haven't heard about it? Another seems peculiar too, if someone has picked it up, they should at least turn it of and change the number if they have no intention of giving it back to her.

"It's totally fine Terrence, I should be thankful that you tried your best"

She told him to dismiss his thoughts that he had not done good enough.

"I should call it too" Erin suddenly bickered.

"No, it's alright, if someone bad must have it and you called using your phone it might be dangerous for you" In serious tone, Terrence jumped in.

"Terrence is right Erin" Kenya took a deep breath. This thought did not cross her mind. Calling her number might be a dangerous, even to Terrence.

She feel a little bit of guilt. What if something bad might happen to Terrence for calling her phone? Her face suddenly become gloomy. She could not bear the thought of someone getting hurt just because that person tried to help her.

As if Terrence read her thoughts, he responded "I didn't mean to worry you. Don't mind what I said. I can handle it and even if I couldn't, my family would back me up"

Kenya was not convinced on what he said and it made her think that if something bad must happen, she would disturb him and his whole family. She does not want to bring that much trouble to him.

"And don't worry, you are not disturbing anyone. I am glad to help you so put yourself at ease" Terrence continued.

Kenya forced herself to smile to make him think that she trust him. She does not want to become a petty person by treating a trivial things like it is the end of the world. No one wanted a pathetic and a self pitied person for no reason.

"Well, if you still could not contact it till tomorrow, I'll buy a new phone than wait for it to be back to me"

Kenya had no other choice. She must make my next move if things does not goes well. She was both glad and grateful that it was only my phone that I lost not my purse which contains my atm cards and other I.D.'s.

Come to think of it, she had not heard about Shackles company, the one where her mother was employed in. On the day she lost her phone, was the day she supposed to go in the busy district to get her monthly allowance from the company. Were they calling her too?

And Just like that, the day has ended faster than Kenya had expected. Her body doesn't sore like the other days. She was getting used to a new setup and everything.