Chapter Three

[Kenya point of view]Early today I get up and went to school. I wear a white sleeveless hanging tops and the bottom was tucked in into my peach stomach-high skater skirt which knee-long. Since the weather is cold nowadays, I use a light cyan color blazer to protect my sensitive little body from freezing. For my feet, I wear a color peach rubber shoes.

The heater at school would only kill the bone-shaking cold of the incoming winter season. I have few things inside my bag as I always leave all of my books in the locker. I am a Kpop fan . I love the Korean fashion and their sense style so bad. My outfit was just light as possible. Some of my classmates wear high heels and revealing clothes even now that the season is changing. There are also those kid who are into Gothic styles. At this circumstance, I agree to say that I am the weird one today. But who cares, right?

My mom's workplace has called me yesterday to tell me that I must go to office. As a typical mother my mom is, she always nag about how I should dress myself in different places and occasion. She told me not wear a plain T-shirt, as her boss is a high profile person, so I at least should wear a little bit formal.

I don't want to be scolded by her if she ever heard that I did not follow her words so I wear this one. Actually I haven't seen my mom's boss yet as well she haven't too. How weird does it sounds like that she has never seen seen her own boss or does not even know what he looks like.

The company that she was currently employed at was the same company that went bankrupt five years ago but someone bought the falling company and turn it into a glorious one. For almost a year, my mom was unemployed because of that crisis. We were living in New York back then. Due to high housing fee, we were forced to leave the state. The downfall of the company has caused my mom and her other colleague to find another work.

My savings was used due to my mom exhausting her own savings from finding work and a place to live. Despite of us struggling to live during those days, my mom still help some of her colleague specially those who are Filipinos. Those were the people who has helped her when she first came here. It was good that we were able to get through that crisis.

Our today's house was bought by my mom through her thorough hard works. The price of this house was a little bit suspicious though. Despite of it residing in a secured area with guards, the price was a bit, low. I thought before that this house must be haunted. For living in here for several months, I do not feel any strange thing. I often feel the ominous piercing eyes watching me, but I had felt that since the very first time I came in this country so it is not something new.

Before I end up reminiscing my entire life again, I walk faster and went in to my Math class. It is still too early. I try to recall where my room from yesterday is located so I would not be late again. When I enter the room I sat on my chair. A guy with a Gothic sense of fashion yesterday come in and sat at the back row like a loner. I did not speak to him but I can see he was looking at me in some point. I want to talk to him and make friends but I was too awkward to do that.

I just act as if I don't know he was looking at me. I was starting to feel uncomfortable so I just play a game on my phone. I was really childish at times. Somehow while I was busy playing, another guy came and sits on the chair in front of mine. I did not look to that person as I was too awkward to look at him and use the 'playing with my mobile phone' as an excuse not to talk. Later on, my phone beep when I look what is it I saw it was Mathew asking if I was free. I told him that I was at school on the moment and we can only chat.

After a while, the guy in front of me stood up, move his chair, facing me. I look at him with a questioning expression. He look at me like as if he was memorizing my face. I felt so uncomfortable on his gestures and also, I could feel the Gothic guys looking at us.