24: "It's not like I asked for any of it."

Nova

"Hey Nova!"

I turned around, closing my locker and throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Hey Raven," I greeted.

She smiled, "so I'm throwing a party this weekend, you should come!"

I smiled, this was the first time anyone was inviting me to a party. Raven and I weren't the best of friends, we just talked in class every now and then.

"Yeah, I'll think about it." I replied, I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You can invite Jake and Seth if you want," she added.

I nodded, "I'll talk to them about it."

"I'll see you later!"

I waved goodbye, walking towards my math class.

School was a routine, wake up, come to school, and attend all my classes like usual. To be honest school was boring, my grades were great, but there was nothing special it. I hadn't really made any new friends, other than Raven. Maybe this party would be a good thing, it'd be my first time ever going to a non-family party.

I sat down in my assigned seat, taking out my notebook and pencil.

Things had cooled down in the past few weeks, everything that happened with Theo seems like so long ago. There are times were I dream about him, they're never nightmares though. I keep having a recurring dream of him just standing in the middle of a field. His back to me, and every single time he repeats the same words.

I love you Nova.

I don't know what kind of gift or special vampire power Theo had, but I think I really did love him in that short period of time. It sounds strange, but a part of me still wishes he was here. As if I could turn around and he'd be there.

"Uh, Nova."

I looked up to see Garret already looking at me, a smile on his face.

I didn't know Garret that well, only that he sat in front of me and his name is Garret. But, I smiled, greeting him.

"What did you get for fourteen on the homework last night?"

I got out my paper, "23." I answered.

"Thanks! So are you going to Raven's party on Saturday?"

"Maybe, are you?"

"Yeah, everyone is."

"Really?"

He chuckled, "it's a pretty small school Nova, If one person hears about a party, every student at the school shows up."

"Right, of course." I replied.

I felt my hair fall forwards again, quickly I tucked it behind my ear.

"Are you still dating Jacob Black?"

I looked up at him.

"Yeah we're still together," I answered. He nodded, "how long have you guys been together?"

Now that was a good questione I never thought of the answer to. How long have Jake and I been together? I mean, I know we're going to be to together for a long time and all, we're technically soul mates. But if we've been dating since the end of August, to now which is the middle of January. I would say almost six months.

"Almost six months" I answered.

"Wow, I can't even keep a girl for one." He joked, I laughed.