22: "Nova do you love me?"

Nova

"I'm staying with you tonight." Jake said.

I nodded, I had told him about Theo saying he was coming tonight. And, to be honest I didn't want to be left alone. There was something about Theo that I couldn't let go. I know by having Jake here my mind won't stray towards Theo.

I felt Jake's arms snake around my waist and pull me into his lap.

I smiled, leaning my head back so it would rest on his shoulder. I felt him kiss the side of my head, the feeling of his arms tightly around my waist gave me so much comfort, All I wanted to do was just sit here, with him.

I felt his breathing underneath me, the smooth rhythm of his chest moving up and down.

I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling very tired.

"Daddy!"

I turned around just in time to see a little girl run into the arms of who I assumed to be her father. He quickly grabbed her and threw her up into the air where she giggled and as she came back down wrapped her arms around his neck.

I could barely make out her face, and her father's back was turned to me.

But, there was something in the way he stood that reminded me of someone.

Jake.

"Daddy why don't I have a mommy?"

My heart dropped as the little girl asked that question, I could clearly hear them even though I was at least ten yards away.

Her father suddenly answered, "you have a mommy princess. Your mommy died when you were only a baby."

I could feel the pain in his words, like he really loved her mother and it still pained him to talk about her.

"How did my mommy die?"

There was a tense pause, he put her back on the ground and knelt down infront of her so they were making eye contact.  

"Your mommy was very sick, and well, her body stopped working."

I felt a sudden impulse of sadness, this little girl was asking about her dead mother. And it clearly hurt her father to talk about it.

"What was her name?"

"Your mommy had a beautiful name, her name was Nova."

I froze, her mother's name was exactly the same as mine.

"What did she look like? Was she pretty?"

"She was very pretty, she had brown hair and green and brown eyes."

I started walking towards them, there was no possible way that I was that child's mother. I started running towards them, his face becoming more clear.

I gasped, coming to a stop.

It was Jake.

I woke up, quickly sitting up.

I could feel myself panting, I ran a hand through my hair, feeling the warm sweat on my forehead. I looked down to see Jake sprawled across my bed, I cupped his cheek with my hand.

I've never had a dream like this before, it was strange. I couldn't have been that girl's mother, and Jake her father. There's just no possible way. And the whole your mommy was sick thing, I'm not sick. I don't have cancer or some kind of disease.

"Are you okay?"

I hadn't noticed that Jake woke up, his arm now around my shoulder. I nodded, it's probably better if I don't tell Jake about the disturbing dream.