10: "IT'S ME!"

Jacob

"Nova, you're spending way too much time with Jacob. I hardly see you anymore."

"Jeez  mom, stop exaggerating, I see you everyday, we live together!"

"Do you even spend time with anyone other than Jacob?"

"Mom, why do you care?! And yes I do have other friends!"

"Really? Who then?"

"Mom, seriously, stay out of my life!"

"Nova Rivers, don't use that tone with me."

"God! You've become so annoying lately!"

"That's it! Go to your room, you're... Grounded!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!"

I could hear footsteps pound against the floor, then the door slammed. Then entire time I was listening I felt as if I was being punched over and over again.

Nova and her mom were getting into arguments, because of me.

I turned my back to the house, I could hear the soft cries that Nova let out. Again, I was punched, this time ten times harder.

I was causing her pain.

I was causing my imprint pain, that's the last thing on earth I want to do.

Nova's mom is right, we are spending too much time together. She never talks to anybody else, I don't think she even has a female friend. She's been here for three months and all I've done is keep her to myself.

I couldn't help but feel anger towards myself, I'm so selfish.

I haven't given her the chance to even explore on her own, and now because of me, she's crying. I wanted to punch myself, I hated seeing her like this, it killed me to see her like this.

I took off into the forest, taking my clothes off and shifting. I can already hear the thoughts of everyone else, and they had heard mine.

"If you want I can take her out on a date?" Embry joked, I growled. "I'm not in the mood for your stupid remarks." I commented.

"Alright, alright! Jeez..."

"If you want I can take her to the beach or something, you know, make her mom think she has friends." Seth had spoken up, I could hear the eagerness in his voice. There was no way in hell I was letting him near Nova.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Seth asked, he seemed hurt.

I ignored him.

"I'll hang out with her."

All the attention turned to the last person we'd expect to spend time with Nova, Leah.

"I don't know about that Jake, she might rip Nova to pieces for all we know. We'd be taking a risk." Embry said, Leah growled.

"Shut up you idiot." Leah growled.

Leah continued, "you want her mom off her case don't you? I'll just ask her to go shopping or something, you know, girly stuff."

I thought about it, even though everyone could hear me. It would make Nova's mom happy, and I'm sure it'd make her happy.

"Fine, just don't hurt her..." I mumbled the last words. "Oh, please Jake, it's not like she's gonna come home crying." She snapped.

_____

I quietly waited outside of Nova's house with Embry and Quil.

"Look here they come." Embry said, we all hid behind some trees.

I could hear the car coming down the road, "this is stupid." Quil mumbled. "You shouldn't be stalking her like this. As Claire says; it's wong."

I rolled my eyes at him, he was spending way too much time with that little four year old.

"Quil, we need to watch some football." Embry commented, "you're turning soft."

I laughed at that one, the car finally came into view. I could see Nova in the passenger seat, a smile on her face. I listened into their conversation. I know it's wrong, but I just wanted to make sure Leah hadn't done something to her.

"Thanks for taking me Leah, my moms been on my case about hanging out with new people." Her angelic voice ran through my ears.

"Sure no problem, besides I needed to go shopping. I haven't gone in like three years." Leah laughed.

"Leah can laugh?!" Embry gasped.

I was a bit shocked myself, I had never really seen Leah so...

Happy.

She was actually enjoying this, suddenly they stopped talking.

"What's wrong?" Asked Nova, "those idiots." Leah mumbled. She opened the car door, stepping out and looking in our direction.

"Really Jake? How pathetic."

Nova came out of the car, turning in our direction as well. "Jake." She called out, shamefully I stepped out.

Nova looked confused, "what are you doing here?" She asked. "I just came to say hi." I lied, walking towards her.

She smiled.

"Yeah, well I gotta go. I'll catch you later Nova." Leah got back in the car. Nova waved before turning to look at me. I could hear Embry and Quil phase and run further into the forest.

I leaned forward, wanting to kiss her.

"Nova!"

I pulled away, her mom stood at the front door. She frowned as she noticed me, I needed to find a way to get her to like me again.

She smiled again as she came running down the porch steps. "Guess who's here?" She squealed, Nova raised and eyebrow. "Who?"

"IT'S ME!"

I turned to the front door, a dark haired guy came running down the stairs. He ran to Nova and picked her up into a hug.

Who the hell is this guy?