9: "Are you dating Jacob Black?"

Nova

"Ready, 1, 2, 3!"

I threw the grape across the room, it perfectly landed in Jake's mouth. He shot his arms into the air as a sign of victory.

I laughed, popping a grape in my own mouth.

"I told you, I can't be beat!" He said, walking over from the living room and taking a seat in the stool next to me. I watched as he awkwardly positioned himself on it, his huge size made it quiet hard for him to even come through our front door.

"So beautiful, what do you suppose we do today?" He asked.

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks, he was always complimenting me like that. And every time I would blush.

I looked out the kitchen window. The sky was pretty clear today, and it was a bit warm.

Seth was definitely right when he said there wasn't much to do around here. All I ever did with Jacob was go on walks, either in the woods or on the beach. La Push isn't much fun, even during the Summer.

"I don't know." I mumbled, sighing and resting my chin in my hands. My not so happy mood sprung from the fact that school was going to start tomorrow, and I was nervous.

I'm not exactly the best at being the new kid.

What made it worse is the fact that La Push is such a small reservation and the high school doesn't see many new faces in the halls.

"Are you okay?" Jake questioned, worry in his voice.

I looked up at him, putting a smile on my face. "I'm great!" I said, perking up. I didn't want him to worry.

"No, you're not Nova." He said, taking my hands holding them in his. I smiled, his dark eyes looking into mine.

"I'm just a little nervous for school that's all." I told him, he smiled. "Don't worry, you'll have me to be there with you." He said, he moved a piece of my hair behind my ear. I shivered at the touch of his skin that brushed my cheek.

He cupped my cheek, leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

I sucked in my breath, the perfect honey of his lips touching mine. They started to move in sync, everything came naturally to me. As if I was meant to kiss Jacob.

"Things are really starting to heat up in this kitchen!"

I pulled away, the heat rising in my cheeks as my mom walked into the kitchen. I looked up at Jake, seeing the slight red in his cheeks rise as well.

"Good morning Mrs. River." Jacob greeted, "hello Jacob." She greeted back, smiling and walking towards the fridge.

"Come on." I said, stepping down from the stool and grabbing Jake's arm. I pulled him towards the front door, "I'll see you later mom." I called out before opening the door and stepping out into the sunlight.

"Don't be late." I heard her call out before closing the door behind me.

Jacob put his arm around my shoulder, we walked in silence down the road.

I couldn't help but feel happy.

Jacob made me feel so different, in a good way. A feeling that's so unknown to me, a feeling I never thought I could have.

I smiled, leaning into him.

_____

The sun shined through my curtains as I came out of the bathroom.

I walked towards my bed where I put out my clothes for the day, it was my first day of school and I guess you could say I was nervous as hell.

The shorts were a comfortable fit and went well with the cream colored cardigan and white tank top. It was a simple outfit, which is exactly what I was heading for. I didn't want to stand out, especially while being the new student in like two years.