16: "You're my everything."

Jacob

I waited outside her house, it's been an hour and she's still not home. A part of me was starting to worry.

The rain was starting to fall again, I walked out from behind the tree. I could hear footsteps coming down the road, I took off running towards them, I knew it was her. I could hear her heart beat, the perfect sound of her heart beating in her chest.

I spotted her coming down the road, I slowed down as she saw me. I tried to fight the urge and just run up to her, but I couldn't, I picked her up in my arms the second I reached her.

She laughed, kissing my cheek.

I put her down, her hazel eyes starred up at me.

I grinned, she was so beautiful. "I love you." I managed to say, before kissing her. She kissed back, the sweetness of her lips mixed with mine. I wanted to hold her forever, to stay like this forever. Just me and her, no one else.

I felt her slightly push on my chest, I pulled away. "I love you too." She said, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me.

I breathed in her scent.

But, something was off.

Another scent was mixed in with hers, it took me a second to realize it was Seth's scent. I pulled away, "were you with Seth?" I asked, her face slightly fell.

"What's wrong?" I asked, holding onto her hands.

"Nothing." She stated, looking away.

It was obvious she was lying.

"Nova, tell me what's wrong? Did Seth do something?" I questioned, feeling the heat in my body rise at the thought of the little idiot doing anything to her.

"No Seth didn't do anything. He just..."

"Just what?"

"He told me everything." She finally spilled, "what do you mean everything?" I asked, becoming more confused.

"I know about what happened, with Bella and everything else." She said.

The memories came flashing back, loving Bella, going through the pain she put me through. I starred at her, she looked worried.

"Seth told you." I muttered, she nodded.

"Why didn't you just ask me?" I asked, realizing it was really good question. "I didn't know how to bring it up, and I didn't know how you would react." She muttered.

"I would have told you." I said, "I have nothing to hide from you."

"You're upset." She whispered, a sadness filled her eyes.

"I'm not upset." I said, the words came out more harsh than expected. She looked hurt, "I'm sorry, I'm not upset." I repeated, trying to prove to her that I wasn't angry with her.

"You can say that, but I know you're somewhat angry." She said, I felt her hand let go of mine. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I tried apologizing for it. She looked down at the ground before looking back up. "It's fine." She muttered.

"Are you upset?" I asked her, realizing I wasn't even taking her feelings in consideration.

"No, I'm more confused and shocked than upset. I mean, vampire royalty? Really?"

She managed to smile, I laughed.

"I know, it's a lot to take in." I said, grabbing her hands again. She smiled, I pulled her into a hug. Glad that this didn't lead into some kind of argument.

I loved her, she's my soul mate. Just the thought of her being upset because of me would tear me apart.

"I love you." I Whispered in her ear, kissing the side of her head. "I love you too," I felt her kiss my jaw,

Nova's my entire life, the reason I'm still breathing.

_____

A Month Later

"Merry Christmas!"

I felt someone hug my neck as I woke up, the next thing I felt was a pair of lips crushing against mine, then making their way around both my cheeks.

I laughed already knowing who it was, I grabbed her waist and pulled her under the covers with me. Her scent was the first thing I noticed, the sweet scent of flowery vanilla filled my nose, "it's Christmas!" She laughed, resting her head on my shoulder.

I kissed the top of her head, "Merry Christmas." I said, holding onto her tighter and rolling her on top of me. I felt her stiffen, "Jacob I can't breathe." She whispered, I laughed, slightly loosening my grip on her.

She ran her fingers through my hair, "I got you something." She said, kissing me before jumping off of me. While she had her back turned, I felt for her present I hid under my bed, it was still there. I sat up, grabbing it and slipping it under my pillow.

As she turned back around, she held a box in her hand. It was wrapped in plain red paper with a blue bow on top. She handed it towards me, "I thought you might need it." She said, a smile on her face as she sat down.

I smiled at her, it was impossible not to.

I ripped the paper, I opened the box to find a new pair of sneakers. "I realized how old your shoes were getting." She said, I smiled. "They're great!" I said, setting the shoes down and pulling her closer into a kiss.

She laughed, wrapping her arms around my neck and softly kissing me back.

I pulled away, more excited for the gift I was about to give her. Not that I didn't like the shoes, I definitely needed them, but just having Nova with me was already an amazing gift.

I grabbed the small box from under my pillow and held it out, she grabbed it, taking the top off. I closely watched her face, you could see shock in it as she reached in and grabbed the bracelet I made for her. I watched the smile spread on her face, "it's so beautiful." She whispered, running a hand over the little wolf I carved for her.

"Oh Jake, I love it." She grinned, crushing her lips to mine.

I watched her eyes on the bracelet, it hugged her wrist perfectly.

I grabbed onto her, pulling her back down to lay with me. She giggled, resting her head in the crook of my neck.

"I love you." I heard her whisper, her fingers running through my hair. I kissed the side of her head, "you're my everything." I whispered, hugging her.

She lifted her head to look at me. A smile on her face, she leaned forward, I closed my eyes ready to feel her lips pressed against mine, but a strong smell filled my nostrils. I pulled away, starting to recognize the smell.

"What's wrong?" Nova asked, sitting up. I stood up, the smell coming closer and closer.

That smell hasn't been around here in almost a year, I quickly got up, running out of the room.

"Jacob!" I heard Nova call out.

The smell was getting disgustingly closer, I could heard a car coming down the road. Slowly coming to stop in front of the house.

I reached for the door opening it, I was hit with the smell, like I was being punched in the stomach.

"Jacob."

I stood in shock, just starring at the face I though I would never see again.

Bella.