21: "I actually see it now."

Jacob

I woke up next to Nova, her head resting on my chest.

I smiled, taking the piece of hair that was covering her face and tucking it behind her ear. I listened to her breath, her body softly moving up and down. I finally realized that she was naked, the blanket only leaving her bare shoulders exposed.

The thought of last night made me grin, Nova and I had had finally done it. And it was the most amazing night of my life.

I felt her shuffle under my arm, I watched as her head slightly lifted. She looked up straight at me, she smiled.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning." She replied, turning over so she was no longer on my arm. I watched as she sat up, grabbing the blanket to cover herself.

There was a silence, as she looked around.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sitting up next to her. She smiled, "I'm good, just. I'm happy." She said it as if she was surprised.

"I love you," I said, she kissed my cheek.

Then I heard something, a car. I could heard the engine stop and someone open the car door and then close it. It had to be Nova's mom.

I sat up, "your mom's home." I said.

"Get out!" She cried out.

I quickly got out of bed and dressed myself, I turned around to see Nova slipping into her shorts. I could hear her moms footsteps making their way down the hall. I ran towards the window and jumped out, Nova came running.

"Come over later!" She whispered, leaning her head out the window and planting a quick kiss on my lips.

I craved more but her doorknob was turning.

She shut the window just in time to greet her mom, I stepped to the side, out of sight. I could hear her beginning to talk to her mom.

"Hey! You're home late." Nova said.

"I know, sorry about that sweetie." Her mom replied.

"So what did you do last night?" Her mom questioned.

We had sex.

"We just celebrated the new year over at Sam and Emily's." Nova replied, I smiled to myself.

I took off running into the forest, heading home.

_____

I walked in through the front door, Rachel and Paul sat on the couch. The t.v. was on but muted, I could hear dad sleeping in his room.

I noticed Rachel was asleep, her head on Paul's shoulder.

"Where did you go last night?" Paul asked, a smile on his face. I could tell something was up, Paul only smiled like an idiot when he was being sneaky.

"Nova's." I replied.

"So she was doing it with you huh?" He burst out laughing.

I could feel my face start to heat up, I forgot that they could hear us if they wanted to.

"Shut up." I growled, grabbing one of the couch pillows and throwing it at him. But, it ended up hitting Rachel instead.

She woke up, "what the hell!" She groaned.

"Your brother's not a virgin anymore!"

"What?"

"Shut up Paul!" I growled, containing myself from ripping his head off.

"Paul stop it." Rachel whispered, slapping him across the chest. He immediately stopped, but with a stupid smile still on his face.

I took a step forward, "listen to me Paul. I swear to god if you or anyone else who heard says a single word about it to Nova. I will rip you to shreds." I threatened.

"Jeez. Fine."

I don't want Nova to feel embarrassed, especially since all our friends know. There's no way I'm putting her through that.

I went straight to my room, falling down onto my bed.

I closed my eyes, the feeling of Nova still lingered. Her warm touch and soft lips, her sweet scent that drives me crazy.

Last night was the best night of my life. I had never experienced something so...

So perfect.

I felt myself smile, but the more I thought of Nova the bigger I smiled.

I turned over, burying my face into the pillow.

_____

Nova.

I sat in the kitchen, taking small bites of my toast.

My heart started racing at the thought of last night, Jake and I had made love. And it was completely perfect.

"Good morning Nova!"

I turned around, my heart jumped at the sight of Theo.

"What are you doing?" I cried out, jumping to my feet.

He laughed, walking around me and taking a seat across from me. "Sit," he motioned towards my chair. I did what he said and sat down, a part of me wanted to be afraid of him. But, it just wasn't there. It's as if I know Theo won't do anything, even though I know he's very capable of killing me in seconds.

"Why are you here?" I asked, "you do realize the pack will be here within seconds. They can smell you."

He nodded, not a saying a word.

"Listen Nova, Maurice loved you. I don't know why, and frankly I couldn't care less why."

I narrowed my eyes, "what do you want?"

"Maurice was my best friend. Since 1954 actually, we met one night when he was hunting. It's a funny story actually."

"Why are you telling me this?"

He raised an eyebrow, "I actually see it now. Why Maurice loved you, it's because you're pretty," he leaned forward.

"It must have been your eyes, they're a pretty shade."

I looked away, "get out." I growled, "and leave me alone!"

In a heart beat, Theo was out of the chair. His body positioned in front of mine as he held a hand to my throat.

I started panicking, I could feel my blood rushing and heart racing.

He suddenly let go, a smile on his face.

"I'll be back tomorrow night, we have some matters we need to discuss. Nova."

The way he said my name sent shivers down my spine, he traced his fingers over my cheek before disappearing. I could hear him swiftly moving through the trees. I could also hear paws pounding against the earth. It was the pack, no doubt about it.

They must have finally caught his scent.

What if they caught Theo?

The thought of it didn't seem to please me, almost as if I don't want them to catch Theo.

I closed my eyes, only to have Theo's face come to mind.

His dark golden hair, and golden eyes that could just pierce into you. His hallowed cheekbones and rose colored lips. He was so tall and less pale than most vampires, he had a slight glow to his skin.

His scent was interesting, it was in a way, satisfying.

I shook my head, why am I even thinking of him?

I opened my eyes, shock slapped me across the face as I realized that I wished he was standing in front of me.

But, he wasn't.

And in his place, was Jake.