chapter 57

"what the hell are you doing in here!?"

shit. 

i turn around with a nervous smile on my face. i chuckle nervously. "ha. ha. ha"

"you gonna answer me?" 

"ha. ha. no" i shake my head. my nervous smile still on my face.

"you'll never see it" 

"what?" my smile goes away. 

"what you're looking for. you'll never find it. you can't"

"why not?"

"it's hidden. it's for my eyes only"

"why?"

"it's the way it's supposed to be"

"why is it supposed to be that way?"

"because it was her plan. and it's what she wants. she always gets what she wants"

"who?" 

"i can't tell you"

"yes you can"

"no" he shakes his head. 

i didn't realize i was inching forward, until i am right in front of him. "yes" 

he looks at me. he looks at my eyes, my cheeks.. my lips. "do it" 

"what?" his eyes dart back up to mine. 

"if it will help, if you'll tell me afterwards.. kiss me" 

"what?" he looks back down at my lips, then my eyes. he takes a small step back. 

i step towards him and put my hands around his neck. i look at his lips, then back at his eyes. "do it"

he shakes his head desperately. "don't" 

"i know you want to"

"no" he shakes his head again. 

"yes, you do" i move my face closer to his. 

he pushes me away. "no, lizzy. i can't. she won't like it. she'll punish me" 

"who?" 

he shakes his head and turns away from me. he runs his hands through his curls.

"harry" i walk in front of him. 

"please, don't"

"you know.. that was the first time you called me lizzy"

he looks down at me. "no it's not" 

"yes it is"

"no" he shakes his head. "i only called you Elizabeth when she was around. she left, she's testing me" he walks over to the window. "you have to get out" 

"no" 

"get out!" 

"no!" i go over to him and look where he's looking. 

"you can't see her. but, she can see you" he looks at me with worry in his eyes. "you have to get out. please" 

i haven't seen harry worried before. i nod, "okay" 

harry's POV.

"you have succeeded, Harold" she whispers in my ear. 

i still can't figure out how she does that. she's twenty stories down, yet she manages to whisper in my ear. 

"no" i shake my head.

"yes, you did. you didn't tell her. you succeeded"

Lizzy's POV. 

I want to know what harry is afraid of.. but i trust that he'll keep me safe. no matter how much of a dick he seems to be.. he wouldn't let me get hurt. 

i walk to the kitchen and find Niall and Zayn. i sit on the stool next to Niall. 

"hey" he smiles. "where have you been?" 

"i was umm.. hanging out with Liam" i say. 

"are you guys friends now?" he asks. 

"yeah, i guess. i think we're beginning to trust each other"

"Liam's one of the most trust worthy people i know" Zayn says. 

"am i now?" Liam walks into the kitchen with a smile on his face. 

"what are you still doing here? i thought Julian called you in for a bridge" Zayn says. 

"i wanted to get a snack first. i can't record on an empty stomach" Liam grabs a KFC bucket out of the fridge. he grabs three chicken tenders out of the bucket and puts the bucket back in the fridge. 

he looks at me with a weird look on his face. "i love chicken" he says quickly before he takes a huge bite. 

it makes me and Niall laugh. Zayn shakes his head and looks down, attempting to hide his smile. 

"you know you love me" Liam pats Zayn's head and walks out of the kitchen. 

Zayn looks in the direction Liam walked out. when he's sure he's gone, he bursts with laughter. 

"what's up with you two?" i ask.

"we just mess with each other. don't worry, we won't hurt you or anything. when the plate broke this morning, we were just as surprised as everyone else. we didn't men for it to happen; we don't intensionally break anything. but when we do, we pay for it" he shrugs.

"it must be nice to have a bunch of money to pay for everything. from little stuff, to buying a house for you family" i say. 

Zayn smiles. "yeah" 

"that was a great thing you did, for your family"

"you saw the movie, didn't you"

i smile, "yeah. i also hear about a ton of stuff about the great things you guys do from Emily"

"oh, cool. she's nice" 

i see him blush a little and he tries to hide a smile. 

"do you like her?" i ask. 

"uhh.. umm.. uh, i- uh" he stutters.

"it's okay if you do. actually, it's great if you do"

"why?" he asks.

"i can't tell you, until you answer my question first" i reply with a sly smile. 

"yeah.. i- uh. yeah. i do" 

i smile. "you should go tell her that" 

"what?.. wh- why?"

i laugh at his nervous and awkwardness. "you'll find out. just go" 

"where.. umm, where is she?"

"hold on" i hold my finger up. i pull my phone out of my back pocket and diall her number. 

after the third ring, she answers. "hello?" 

"hey" 

"oh, hey! whats up girl?"

"nothing. hey, where are you right now?"

"i'm with Jennifer and Amanda. you were supposed to meet us at 'Fred's' "

"oh yeah! that's right! oh my gosh. i completely forgot. i'm so sorry" i look over at Zayn. "but i think i can make it up to you" 

"how?"

"i'll be there in ten" i hang up and look at Zayn again. "lets go" 

i look at Niall "can i borrow you car again?" i ask. 

"am i allowed to come?" he asks. 

"don't you trust me?" 

"why can't i come?"

"i didn't say you couldn't"

"then lets go". he walks out the room and i hear the front door open. 

i follow him, but stop at the doorway. i look back at Zayn. "come on" 

he gets up and follows me.