My Darling ♥

Hi. My name is Elizabeth James. I am seventeen years old and a senior at Jefferson High.

Today is My best friend, Emily,'s birthday. I'm throwing her a surprise party and everyone we know is going to be here.

This morning Emily's mom, Jayme, gave her some money to go get her hair and nails done. Emily had no idea why her mother was acting so weird and she wanted to find out why, but there was no way she was going to pass up her mom's offer.

Emily was running out the door almost tripping on her own feet. I looked at the clock and jumped off the leather couch in her living room. It was 12:00; I told everyone to be here around 1-1:30 so we had time to set everything up. we didn't have very much time..  but we had time.

Jayme and I were practically running from inside the house to the backyard trying to make sure we finish before Emily gets back.

Jayme went into the kitchen and pulled the cake out of the oven while I was frantically putting up streamers. After I was done with the streamers I blew up the balloons and tied them to strings and balloon weights, to keep them from flying away. I curled the strings and set the balloons outside.

Emily's dad, Garrett, was by the grill flipping burgers and turning hotdogs. I wanted to stop and take a break eating one of his amazing burgers, but I kept telling myself no and continued setting up party trays.

***

After everything was set up me and Jayme stood on the porch for a few minute, staring at our work. I looked around, trying to see is anything was missing. After a minute of silence, I spoke up.

"Hey, Jayme?"

"yes, dear?"

"I feel like something's missing. what do you think?"

"hmmm... " she hummed while looking around the yard. "I think it looks great. You did a wonderful job Lizzy. She's going to love it!"

"you think so?"

"of course"

I looked around once more and sighed in defeat. "yeah, I guess you're right" I said and she smiled. "I'm going to make some lemonade, would you like some?" she asked walking into the house. "Yeah, thanks" I said, following her inside.

Emily's twin brother, Jonas, was sitting at the kitchen counter playing some kind of game on his computer. I sat on the stool next to him.

"What are you playing?" I asked.

"w.o.w." he answered simply, keeping all his focus on the tiny screen.

"wow?"

"world of warcraft"

"oohhhhh" I said, understanding now. "how do you play?"

"Liz, not just anyone can play!" he said making sure the word 'anyone' stood out. "you have to be skilled and intelligent"

"question.?"

"yes?"

"why do you have to be smart and skilled to press a bunch of buttons?"

"touch'e".

I giggled. Noticing a bowl of Cheetos I reached for one. Jonas smacked my hand immediately. "Hands off my Cheetos!".

"it's a free country!" I said quickly grabbing a cheeto and running away while stuffing it in my mouth.

"I'll get you for that!" he screamed from the kitchen.

"I'm going to enjoy watching you try!" I yelled back and he scoffed. I smiled triumphantly at his loss of words.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!
I probably won't be updating tomorrow... and the day after that. it's My birthday and I have a lot of people while want to celebrate it with me (:   .. I hope you guys like this story. please tell me what you think in the comments (: ily all ... also tell me if you want me to continue or not. I know this is a short, sucky chapter but I promise the next one will be good (: I love it and I hope you guys do too! xoxoxo