chapter 48

"you look gorgeous" Harry pushes past Niall to greet me. 

~~~

me and the girls had walked through the door to the theater a few seconds ago. we saw them right away. they were surrounded by tons of girls. harry was the one that noticed us first (becuase of his long legs he could see right over the tops of the girls). 

he pushed his way throught the crowd but Niall was faster and walked towards me. harry came to a jog and pushed past Niall, he brushed their shoulders and Niall backed off. 

Harry pulls me into a hug. Harry is acting weirder than i thought he would. from the tweets and the photos and instagram, i thought Harry would be a total sweetheart. but, instead he's being a bully to Niall. i can help but feel like it's my fault. 

i kind of hug him back, but not nearly as much when Niall hugs me. Harry was in a conversation with Zayn, but i could tell he was glaring at us from the corner of his eye. 

"don't mind harry" niall says. 

"he's fine" i say. 

"no, he's acting weird. i appologize, on his account"

"why are you so sweet?" i ask.

"what do you mean?"

"that's the second time you have appologized for harry in one day"

"that says a lot, doesn't it?". we laugh together. Harry turns his head but keeps his expression blank. 

"what movie are we seeing?" i ask. 

"i'm not sure. Louie said to leave it up to you guys but Harry disagreed and insists on watching 'Anchorman 2' "

"well, it's not up to him" i say. harry looks back at me and when i meet his eyes he looks away. what is up with him tonight? 

Niall chuckles. "what would you like to watch?" he asks.

"what are my options?" 

"well... i believe that they are playing 'Gravity', 'Walking With Dinosaurs', 'American Hustle', 'Frozen', 'Anchorman 2', 'Saving Mr. Banks', 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' and something else" 

"hmmm, i actually want to watch 'Frozen' " i admit and giggle. 

"isn't that a Disney movie?" he grimaces. 

"yeah. i love Disney" 

"oh.." 

"you don't like Disney.. do you?" 

"it's not my favorite" he admits with a crooked frown.

"well.. i guess that's something we'll have to work with" i say. 

"what?" he asks. 

"you know.. like, in the future" 

Niall's POV. 

the future? i can't help the tingling feeling in my stomach. does she see a future with me? 

"the future?" i gulp.

"yeah, friends watch movies with eachother. like, when i have a bad day i'll be able to call you or emily or someone and you can come over and we'll watch movies and stuff" she shrugs. 

oh.. friends. "yeah. as friends" i choke out. 

"of course, i have a boyfriend.. well, i guess"

"you guess?"

"it's complicated"she shakes her head. 

"oh" he looks down. 

"did i say something?" she runs her fingers through her hair. "damn it, i said something didn't i?" she paces the floor. 

"no, you didn't say anything wrong"

"wrong? no. bad? yes."

"bad for me?" i ask. she's being so confusing right now. 

"no. bad for me" she stops moving her feet and she leans on the carpeted wall. her hands are on the top of her head and the roots of her hair is laced through her fingers. her eyes are closed, she swallows loudly and takes a deep breath. 

"are you okay?" 

"no" she shakes her head. 

"what's wrong?" 

she shakes her head again. 

"can i do something?" i ask. 

she laughs sarcastically. "no, no one can do anything about it except myself" she says. 

"is it about your boyfriend?" i ask. the last word didn't come out right. i just can't seem to say it around her without it coming out in a blob of mumbled letter sounds. 

"don't call him that. i'm not even sure if that's what he is" 

"if he's not that, then what is he?" 

"i don't know!" she slides down the wall and brings her knees to her chest. her light wash jeans press against her white scarf that makes her navy blue shirt with five glossy white buttons pop stand out more. her tan uggs wrinkle lightly at the part where her Calcaneal tendon and inferior Extensor Retinaculum bend. 

her hands move from her hair and cover her face. her forehead rests on her knees and her arms are bent and squished between her chest and her thighs. 

what should i do? i'm just standing here like an idiot staring at a beautiful girl that is sitting on the floor having a break down. 

i hear her sniffle. oh, no. she's crying. 

i go right in front of her and get on my knees. i put my hands over hers and pull them away from her face. she moves her head so i can't look directly at her. i put both of her hands in my left hand. i am able to completely close my hand with both of hers squished inside. her hands are petite and small and her fingers are bony. 

my right hand curves perfectly around her left cheek. i turn her face to force her to look at me. she squeezes her eyes shut. i sigh. "Liz. please tell me what's wrong. i can't help unless i know" 

she shakes her head and a tear runs out of her left eye. it runs down her cheek and stops when it hits my hand. a light black line trailed along with the small drop. 

i hate seeing people cry. 

especially her.