chapter 44

four girls and one woman. 

standing in a giant crowd of screaming teenage carrots. (if you know what i mean;))

they won't be on stage for another five minutes; so we have to occupy oursleves with the time being. 

"i cant wait any longer!" emily screams. "i need him to be standing here. on the stage. right in front of me"

we are so close to the stage, that if they were to be five steps away from the edge, we could grab their ankles and pull them into the crowd. 

it's a scary thought. but also, very intriguing. 

~~~

it didn't seem like five minutes. .. interestingly, it seemed shorter. 

they stepped onto the stage and the screams got louder. first liam came out. amanda freaked and jumped onto jennifer's back. "oh my god. he looks so hot" she said. "I LOVE YOU!!!!" she screamed and waved her arms like a freak. he looked at her and smiled, then he waved back. i thought she was going to faint. 

next came out louis. jennifer threw amanda off her back and climbed my back. her thighs clamped over my shoulders and her hands were holding onto the top of my head. "we're wearing the same colors!!" she squealed. "I LOVE YOU, LOUIE!!!!" she screamed, but didn't wave. 

he looked at her and smiled. he walked over to us and he kissed her cheek. "you look lovely" he said. she giggled and blushed. "may i?" he asked. she nodded and he took off her beanie and put it on his head. he smooted her hair out and she helped udjust it on his head. "i promise i'll give it back" he winked. she giggled again and i felt her weight shift backwards. i think she actually is fainting. 

but, how can you blame her after what just happened?

zayn came out next and emily shrieked. she tried climbing on the stage but amanda held her down. "I LOVE YOU!!!!!! YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING! YOU'RE PERFECT! YOU'RE AMA-ZAYN!!!" 

he looked a little startled at her words but he smiled and waved at her anyways. 

next came out niall. he was wearing his american flag tank top and sagging black skinny jeans. his quitar was hanging over his shoulder and resting on his back. he was also wearing his white nike high top trainers. his hair was quiffed and i could see his irish flag earpiece. 

harry came out last. the first thing i noticed was his cheeky smile and his deep dimples that i've obseesed over ever sinse i first saw him on the x-factor. his hair was quiffed in the front but his curls still stuck out in the back and on the sides. he was wearing his signature black v-neck and black skinny jeans and his white all-star converse with the red stripe on the sides. i also noticed his shiny black microphone in his right hand. his black earpiece with the two white letters engraved in the middle, HS. everything about him stood out. he was unconditionally gorgeous. 

no matter how much harry's appearance attracts me, niall's personality reels me into him. i just can't decide who i like more. it's too hard to decide without personally knowing them. 

. . . 

the music began playing and harry stepped closer to the crowd. he began singing 'Best Song Ever'. 

"maybe it's the way she walked" he sang. "straight into my heart and stole it" 

"throught the door and past the guards" he continued, "just like she already owned it" 

harry stepped back and zayn stepped forward. "i said, can you give it back to me?" zayn sung. "she said, never in your wildest dreams" 

zayn stayed where he is and the rest of the boys took a step forward. 

"and we danced all night, to the best song ever" they sung. "we knew every line, no i can't remember" 

"how it goes, but i know that i won't forget her" 

"cause we danced all night ot the best song ever" 

all of them stepped back exceot for liam. "said her name was georgia rose" he sang. "and her dady was a dentist" 

liam stepped back and harry stepped forward. "said i had a dirty mouth" 

zayn took half a step forward. "you got a firty mouth" he stepped back. 

"but she kissed me like she meant it" harry sang. 

harry stepped back and niall stepped forward. "i said, can i take you home with me?" he sung. "she said, never in your wildest dreams". 

they all stepped forward and joined niall. "and we danced all night to the best song ever" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the stage crew pulled out five bar stools and set them out in an equal spaced line on the stage. 

niall sat in the middle, with his guitar.

they sat like:

liam, harry, niall, zayn, louis.

niall began strumming. the lights dimmed and most of the screaming stopped and almost everyone had their hands forming a heart and we were swaying them back and forth, slowly. 

"i firugred it out" niall sung, sweetly. "i figured it out from black and white" 

"seconds and hours" he continued, "maybe they had to take some time" 

"i know how it goes" liam sung. "i know how it goes from wrong and right". "slience and sound. did they ever hold eachother, tight like us? do they ever fight, like us?"

"you and i" harry sang. "we don't wanna be like them. we can make it 'till the end. nothing can come between you and i. not even the gods above. could separate the two of us. but nothing can come between, you and i". "oh, you and i" 

"i furgured it out" zayn sang. "saw the mistakes of up and down. meet in the middle. there's always room for common ground" 

"i see what it's like" louis sung. "i see what it's like for day and night. never together". cause they see things in a dierent light, like us. they never tried, like us" 

"you and i" harry sang. "we don't wanna be like them. we can make it 'till the end. nothing can come between you and i. not even the gods above. could separate the two of us"

the only sound in the entire stadium was niall's light strumming. it was a beautiful sound. 

zayn took a deep breath and held his mic just below his mouth. he took another breath and opened his mouth, "cause you and I----------I-----I-I-I-i-i-i-I-i-i" he held this beautiful high note that had everyone almost in tears. even jayme. "way to go baby. that was beautiful. you're amazayn" emily was in tears and her arms were high in the air and he fingers formed a couple intricate hearts. her fingers look broken. how did she do that? 

"we don't wanna be like them" harry sang. "we can make it 'till the end [till the end-zayn]. nothing can come between [nothing can come between us-zayn] you and i". "not even the gods above. could separate the two of us [the two of us-zayn]. but nothing can come between you and i [you and i-i-i-i -zayn]. oh, you and i". "oh, you and i [we can make it if we try. you and i-zayn]  oh, you and i [you and i-zayn]" 

i didn't realize my eyes were closed; but when i opened them, niall was staring directly at me.